Audit Manager for leading mid tier firm
|Job Title:||Audit Manager for leading mid tier firm|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gillian O'Regan|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 11:37|
The Audit Manager will report directly to a Partner and will be given a great deal of autonomy and the opportunity to work with a challenging and diverse portfolio made up of a broad range of clients from large corporations to small family companies. The role is 70% Audit and 30% Accounts and you will be required to supervise junior/part-qualified accountants, liaise with Partners and other Client Managers.
Well established large independent firm in Central London that enjoy a strong reputation across a mixed client base from large corporations to small family companies. A corporate, but modern firm supporting their staff and developing them with in depth training to ensure they continue to educate both staff and clients correctly and in a professional manner. Our clients success is based on their outstanding commitment to providing outstanding service and support to building long client relationships and repeat business.
Exposure to high networth individuals, renewable energy, charity and hospitality.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least 3 years' experience of managing their own mixed client portfolio. With strong audit, accounts preparation and staff management experience Knowledge of accounting software.
For the ideal candidate, promotional prospects are strong where you will have the opportunity to progress in a short space of time. Overall, this is an excellent opportunity for an Audit Manager to join a growing department in a rewarding new position.
Technical & Practical
* Supporting a Senior Partner with their mixed portfolio (£500k) and day to day client administration
* Reviewing files prepared for you by the audit team for presentation to Partner.
* Oversee audit planning, field work and audit reporting
* Review automated audit work papers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit theory and compliance with the departments procedures
* Preparing and/or reviewing the UK corporation tax returns and supporting computations of our corporate clients
* Ensure that reviews are completed in compliance with the audit department and the Practice Assurance standards
* Apply key control concepts in a wide variety of business settings
* Establish or tailor Audit and other work programs and testing procedures to ensure they are appropriate for the processes being reviewed
* Ensure that all work papers supporting the work are clear and concise
* Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm's approach and policies for managing risk in relevant businesses following applicable legal and regulatory rules and policies
* Lead and manage relationships across departments (such as Tax and Accounting Support)
* Planning work efficiently to meet budgets and recoverability of fees and communicate the same to the team
* In conjunction with the senior audit Partner interact fully with clients
* Developing and maintaining good client relationships
* Take an active role in the preparation and presentation of tenders for new work.
* Provide and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others.
* Prepare performance reviews at completion of reviews
* Drafting and presenting training sessions on current developments
* Involvement in audit trainee recruitment
* Attending networking events/seminars
The ideal Audit Manager will have a flexible and adaptable approach to work; they will be resilient, with excellent organisational skills.
* ACA/ACCA qualified essential, preferably with first time passes
* Significant experience of external audits of small and medium sized enterprises under UK GAAP.
* An excellent understanding of FRS 102 is essential, and IFRS an advantage.
* A knowledge of accounting and auditing standards and strong analysis skills
* Knowledge of Caseware and Alphatax would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience of delivering results and adding value to clients.
* Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Must have managerial experience.
* Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP and IFRS accounting fundamentals and application.
* Excellent inter-personal skills to work effectively with Partners and staff at all levels
* Able to produce, accurate and concise written output which is of a high quality
* Ability to handle conflicting demands and/or challenging pressures for resources
* Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
* Effective time management skills and the ability to co-ordinate audits and projects through prioritising * Commercial awareness, able to demonstrate a good understanding of the business environment
* Commercial attitude towards work
* Ability to build strong relationships with clients
* Actively seek to enhance expertise and knowledge
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Benefits
- Permanent position
- Growth Role
- City Location
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Manager - Outstanding Top 10 Firm
City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Not for Profit Audit Senior/Assistant Manager
Solihull, West Midlands
£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Audit Senior, Not for Profit
Audit Senior – Top 15 firm
40000 - 48000
Solihull, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum