Audit Manager (Charity & Not-for-Profit)
|Job Title:||Audit Manager (Charity & Not-for-Profit)|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charmaine Gandhi|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 18:28|
We are looking for an experienced, reliable Manager to join the specialist Charity and Not-for-Profit team. You will have significant experience managing a portfolio of clients and have a keen interest in the not-for-profit sector.
Our client has nearly 450 people working together under one roof at their office in London, making them the largest single office accountancy firm in the UK.
Trust underpins the culture there, together with specialist expertise, approachability and exceptional client service. Trust is more than providing the best expertise. It's about character and integrity. The people you trust have values that match your own. Because of this, cultural fit is an important consideration when choosing people to join their team.
They're big enough to display deep knowledge over a range of specialisms, but small enough to understand the power of personal connections. They long ago moved from being accountants to being advisers and are now partners to their clients. In fact, they believe that what they do is as much about relationships as expertise, so they are looking for individuals who are prepared to look beyond the numbers, to see the people and stories behind them.
The importance of relationships is equally important between colleagues. They expect our teams to collaborate with each other to successfully operate across departments. It means externally they support the whole of the client rather than a fragment and internally we all benefit from shared experience and knowledge.
- Managing a portfolio of not-for-profit sector clients
- Liaising with Directors/Partners and clients regarding forthcoming assignments
- Briefing audit teams; supervising and reviewing work
- Reviewing statutory (and other) accounts and organising their preparation, typing and issue
- Providing technical guidance to staff and resolving technical queries when instructed by clients
- A Levels (A-C), or equivalent
- ACA/ACCA qualified, or equivalent
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients, ideally with some charities, not-for-profit and/or education sector clients
- Have an interest in the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to recognise cross selling opportunities
- Degree (minimum 2:2)
- ACA/ACCA qualified with first time passes
- Demonstrated application of management skills, including formal or informal coaching and mentoring experience
Great place to work
- Community engagement
- Matching your charitable activity
- 2 days annually for volunteering
- Varied social events for all to attend
- Discretionary gifts from partners
- 5% of your monthly earnings to the Standard Life pension scheme
- Death in service benefit up to four times your salary.
- You are rewarded a fixed amount for each member of staff introduced by you to the firm and are rewarded a percentage or a fixed amount of the invoice billed if you introduce a new client to the firm.
- The firm pays the subscriptions for your membership of professional organisations relevant to your work
- A salary sacrifice scheme which provides a tax efficient way to pay for childcare
- You can benefit from the tax-free Cyclescheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- They operate a payroll giving service, providing you with a tax efficient way to donate to a charity of your choice.
- They offer Private Medical Insurance for managers and above.
- Development opportunities range from studying for professional qualifications to personal and management development.
- They aim to offer you development opportunities through involvement in special one-off projects, secondment opportunities and work-shadowing activities.
- 22 days annual leave (and 25 days for managers and above) and public holidays. This increases to a maximum of 27 days based on length of service. Pro-rata for part-time staff.
- Option to buy or sell a maximum of three days holiday per holiday year. Pro-rata for part-time staff.
- They recognise the importance of helping you manage your work-life balance and support flexible working options, where business needs can be met.
- Cover the cost of standard eye tests and contribute up to £60 of the cost of glasses required for computer use.
- They offer both health assessments and GP appointments through their provider, BUPA