Competitive + Benefits
13 days ago
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 750 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' business controls, shareholder confidence and credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
Our specialist public services team provides distinctive audit and advisory services across six sectors – local government, central government, health and social care, education, housing and charities.
The Public Services team work with:
- Any public entity or entity concerned with providing governmental services.
- Any government body (local or central), NHS entity, not for profit entity education institution (other than for-profit), charity, housing associations, political company, chamber of commerce
As an Audit Manager, you will lead and take ownership of a portfolio of audit engagements and will take responsibility for overseeing and developing junior staff. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional service.
Role & Responsibilities
- Managing the overall delivery of a portfolio of audits, developing the audit strategy and planning
- Acting as the key audit contact with senior client officers and those charged with governance
- Maintaining strong and effective working relationships with client staff at all levels
- Supporting the delivery of a high quality audit, reporting directly to the Engagement Partner
- Developing the audit strategy and work to support the value for money conclusion at public sector bodies
- Managing and controlling audit assignments from initial planning through to finalisation in line with agreed timescales.
- Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time within budget.
- Drafting and reviewing reporting documents, including audit opinions, group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Leading and supervising an audit team ensuring the team complete work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
- Providing on-the-job coaching and training to audit assistants and seniors.
- Assessing the development needs and skills of those under supervision, and organising tasks and responsibilities appropriatley in response.
- Reviewing the work of the team and providing constructive feedback for team member performance appraisals.
- Asssisting with business development by working with audit colleagues and colleagues in other service lines.
- Undertaking an appropriate functional role to support our quality agenda and ambitious plans for business growth.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ACA / CA / ACCA / CIPFA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of leading external audits from planning through to completion.
- Relevant public services sector audit or accountancy experience.
- Up to date technical knowledge of IFRS accounting and audit.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching audit trainees.
- Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of technical acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.