|Job Title:||Audit Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jacob Jones|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2020 17:11|
To join a growing firm and become a crucial member of the audit team.
This growing and successful Newport based accountancy practice, has developed a leading reputation in the provision of accounting, tax, planning and advisory services to wide ranging corporates, OMBs and significant sized clients and their directors and owners, high net worth individuals, professional services clients, along with a strong reputation in the rural, agricultural and related sectors as well. As a result of ongoing growth, an opportunity is available for a career focused and ambitious Audit Manager to join the team. The firm provides an environment where you will have a clear path to progress.
The key responsibilities for this Audit Manager position at an accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Maintain and develop technical ability by attending webinars, keeping abreast of technical development and being able to present own research on technically challenging aspects.
- Being the point of reference for the audit team in terms of technical queries.
- Tailoring the audit approach based on the risk assessment of the clients.
- Guiding the audit team to perform work which will address these risks and support the RI in coming to an audit opinion.
- Work closely with the Partner in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings.
- Ensure that files presented for partner review address the risks identified at planning and any emerging risks encountered during the fieldwork.
- Lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team.
- Act as a counselling manager to some members of the group and help them to achieve personal and professional development.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on jobs performed.
- Manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm.
- Keep the partner or senior manager informed of any issues that arise with the client.
- Identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client's needs, their business and key risks.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
- Review and assess WIP regularly and address overruns as they occur.
- Raise bills regularly and prompt the partner for interim billing when appropriate.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Audit Manager role at an accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- Be approachable to members of the audit team.
- Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.
- Lead by example and instil a sense of professionalism in the audit team.
- Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team.
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship.
- Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the client directly on-site.
- Be an integral member of the audit group by participating in group activities.
- Support less experienced members of the team as required.
- Participate, as a minimum, in internally held Business Development events.
28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
Death in Service 4 x salary.
Auto Enrolment pension.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's