|Job Title:||Audit Manager|
|Salary:||to £65,000 plus great benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Wintrip|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2020 15:08|
This is a superb career opportunity for a ACA or ACCA Qualified Audit professional to join a high profile International firm of Chartered Accountants, based in Surrey.
The firm employs in excess of 400 staff and has an extensive and diverse client base. Typical clients include high end retail brands, property development, sports businesses, technology, financial services and the "not for profit" sector.
The Corporate Services Department is looking to recruit a highly competent Audit Manager who can work within the department, running and providing full management to a portfolio of clients ranging from SME's to medium-sized complex groups.
You will have significant, and ultimate responsibility for the control of audits, working closely with the Partners to provide a first-class service to clients for which they are renowned.
The key features of the role include:
- Regular exposure to the owners and / or the directors of our clients
- Liaising closely with partners on their clients’ affairs from an audit and commercial perspective
- Provision of accountancy and commercial management support to clients
- Audit risk assessment and planning
- Cost effective delivery of financial statements that meet relevant statutory reporting requirements
- Involvement in one-off work, such as due diligence, investigations and valuations
- Quality control and continuous improvement of our processes
- Team leadership and the development of junior staff
- Involvement in proposals for new work and business development initiatives
However, this is not primarily a statutory audit compliance role. There is great scope for capable individuals to broaden their business skills across the Corporate Services and Taxation Departments from involvement in due diligence, accountancy support and other commercial advisory assignments. Opportunities for career progression within the Firm are consequently excellent.
The main criteria for candidates applying for this position are a combination of strong technical and analytical skills combined with first rate client handling, project management and team development skills. The ability to work flexibly, and on one’s own initiative, in the application of technical knowledge to deliver timely, quality outputs is essential.
For the right candidate progression to Director level, which is comparable to salaried partner roles in many other firms, in the future is very realistic.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent technical skills
- Varied statutory audit and accounts preparation experience
- A strong and up-to-date knowledge of UK GAAP, FRS 102 & IFRS (US GAAP knowledge would be helpful but is not critical)
- A working knowledge of key corporate taxation planning issues
- Pragmatism and the ability to use professional judgement
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- A team approach to working and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to delegate to and supervise junior staff
- Ability to work under pressure to a high standard
Good IT skills and receptive to technology changes.
The position is based in Surrey but will require regular travel to and from the London offices and client premises.
An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Fletcher George is a financial recruitment specialist, acting as both an employment agency and business. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time scale.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's