|Job Title:||Audit Junior|
|Salary:||20000 - 25000|
|Contact Name:||Paola Osorio-Rojas|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 13:13|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
We are looking for an Audit Junior to join our growing Audit and Accounts team in our Borehamwood office. The role will involve providing accurate accounting and assurance services to a diverse range of clients, as directed by the Manager, within budget and in accordance with firm procedures. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with accounts preparation for Limited companies, Sole traders and Partnerships
- Analysing data to form the basis of the accounts
- Assist with client queries
- Assisting with Audit assignments
- Completing assigned audit areas to a high standard as directed by senior members of staff
- Communicating audit issues to Clients or Managers promptly and efficiently
- Work closely with Management to assist in developing ongoing effective relationships with clients, ensuring the retention of business
- Maintain client files and documentation in accordance with Sopher + Co standards
- Ensure all jobs are completed within specific budgets, keeping Manager informed at all times of progress of job
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times in accordance with Sopher + Co HR Policies & Procedures
- Ad-hoc duties as and when is required, including assisting senior colleagues
As your role develops, we’ll offer you scope to work in other areas, depending upon your progress. We’ll also offer you the opportunity of future progression and development, including full study support towards your qualification.
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You will also have/be:
- 1-2 years previous practice experience in a similar role
- Ideally hold a relevant degree in accountancy, economics or similar subject and studying towards an accountancy qualification
- Ample experience preparing year-end accounts
- Prior experience in PAYE reporting, statutory accounts, bookkeeping, VAT returns, reconciliations
- Audit experience advantageous but not essential
- Competent using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficiency using Sage Line 50, Xero, Caseware
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritise work
- Excellent work ethics and eagerness to learn
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at different levels
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills
- Have an organised approach to your work and ideally have experience in working to strict deadlines
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Manager/Senior Audit Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£52000.00 - £66000.00 per annum
Crawley, West Sussex
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Worthing, West Sussex
Dependent on Experience
£30000.00 - £34000.00 per annum