|Job Title:||Audit Inspectors|
|Salary:||Up to £85600 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2021 19:13|
As an Audit Inspector you will conduct audit file reviews and conduct inspections of firm-wide procedures at the major audit firms.
This regulator promotes transparency and integrity in business by setting codes and standards for accounting work; reviewing the quality of corporate reporting and audit; and taking enforcement action where necessary.
This Audit Quality Review team is made up of suitably qualified and skilled staff with previous audit experience, including sector and IT specialists.
The team undertakes inspections monitoring the quality of Public Interest Entity (PIE) audits, but also major local audits undertaken by the PIE audit firms.
The role provides an insight into how the major firms operate and how they are responding to current issues in the profession and changes in regulatory requirements. Successful candidates will also have the satisfaction of being able to influence the practices and procedures of the major audit firms to enhance quality. The successful candidate will:
- Conduct audit file reviews. File reviews include analysis of audit workpapers, information gathering through informal and formal questioning of the audit team, discussion with the audit firm of potential issues identified, and conclude with formal written reporting.
- Conduct inspections of firm-wide procedures at the major audit firms as required.
- Participate in other projects as required
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Significant post qualification experience in the audits of listed and other public interest entities.
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills.
- A demonstrable interest in an audit firm's audit quality initiatives.
- Ability to challenge the judgements made and quality of work performed by audit teams authoritatively, and to present and discuss issues arising on their merits in a calm and professional manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including report drafting.
- Salary £85,600.
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Employer pension contribution of 10%.
- A strong work/life balance ethos.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's