Audit Director – Quality Assurance
|Job Title:||Audit Director – Quality Assurance|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Corbett|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2020 14:15|
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
Following the appointment of a new partner to lead our Quality Audit Team in January 2020, we are now looking to further invest in the growth of this team by appointing a new Director and Senior Manager. This investment demonstrates our commitment to quality.
As a member of this team, you will be part of developing a high priority service within our business, with a real opportunity to add value and shape the way our firm embeds quality within our culture and creates a high quality service for our clients.
In order to successfully deliver this role, team members will need to demonstrate technical excellence, an ability to constructively challenge and integrity.
On a day to day basis you will be working closely with our audit teams and engagement quality review partners to perform “hot reviews” of audits. This will involve applying excellent technical skills, while developing strong relationships quickly, where you can deliver challenging messages in a positive and confident way.
You will challenge the execution of audit procedures and documentation of audit work performed, whilst supporting and coaching teams to implement identified improvements in audit quality.
You will identify issues and matters where firm-wide action may be required, as well as other adhoc projects related to improving audit quality.
As the team grows it will also lend support to the legal team, deliver training alongside the audit standards team, and support the firm during FRC inspections.
The minimum criteria
- You’ll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- Experience in general audit, audit quality control and/or audit inspection
- In depth knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP
- Excellent insight and analytical skills so that you can evaluate a significant amount of information, understand the bigger picture and identify what is important to ensure that high quality standards are achieved
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and passionate about audit quality with a desire to seek new ways to drive improvement
- A willingness to work flexibly both as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent practical and technical auditing experience particularly on more complex audits
- Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the confidence and the ability to challenge the judgements made by senior partners and engagement team
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to quickly establish credibility, and influence at senior levels within the firm
- An ability and desire to work with a client base across a broad range of sectors
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively to identify ways to improve audit quality
- Team work/collaboration - Working closely alongside others with different skillsets and experience to develop the best solutions to complex questions
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Audit Manager
£90000.00 - £92000.00 per annum
Accountant/Assistant Manager/Manager/Senior Manager, Asset Management
Assistant Manager, Transaction Services (Financial Services)
Management Accountant - Financial Services
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Tax Manager - In House