13 days ago
Financial Services Division
The Financial Services Division services clients in the London Insurance market as well as fund managers, venture capitalists, and hedge fund managers. We undertake statutory audit work for listed funds, private equity funds, fund managers, venture capitalists, hedge fund managers, Lloyd’s syndicates, capital providers, agency groups, and insurance companies and brokers.
We work alongside our colleagues in New York providing services to family offices – http://www.pkffundsfamily.com
Coupled with the wealth of special assignments we are involved in, including corporate finance reporting, litigation support, due diligence investigations and internal audit reviews, working in the Financial Services Division will provide you with a diverse range of experience and high degree of responsibility.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
· To become recognised as being an expert in the Funds sector, in particular, in respect of CASS 6 & 7;
· To lead the team to become a recognised centre of excellence for the Funds industry in audit and non-audit work;
· To take charge of the running of the Funds team and to build and implement a growth strategy
· Win new business through excellent management of existing clients, but also by identifying new business opportunities both in audit and outside of audit;
· To take charge of the planning, on-site running and completion of a portfolio of assignments; and
· Be passionate about a career within practice and the Funds industry.
You will manage an allocated client portfolio, this will involve:
· Efficiently managing your time to ensure your client portfolio is properly serviced and work is completed in a timely manner;
· Identifying business opportunities from existing clients and supporting initiatives to develop new business opportunities;
· Managing all stages of the audit and signing off audit and client money opinions (with RI status)
· Anticipating significant accounting issues based on experience and knowledge of other companies; being proactive in recommending solutions to these issues;
· Advising clients on all financial reporting issues with reference to other specialists where necessary;
· Advising clients on client asset compliance issues
· Managing audit teams and reviewing their work;
· Responsibility for on the job training as required; and
· Ensure compliance with internal (methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
Project Work/Special Work
In addition to managing a portfolio of audit clients, you may also deal with project work/special work which arises on your clients and may be involved in additional project work/special work for other clients.
Example projects have included:
· Assisting with any FCA investigation;
· Share valuation models for management buyout purposes;
· Arranging and negotiating acquisitions on behalf of clients;
· Assisting in special assignments in areas such as corporate finance, investigatory, regulatory compliance or strategic planning.
You will run the Funds team with the support of the other senior members of the FS Division. This will involve the following:
· Building and implementing a plan to grow the team;
· Working alongside other teams e.g. family office and marketing teams to promote the firm;
· Active involvement in the development of staff;
· Delivering relevant funds training to the team;
· Contributing to staff briefing meetings held monthly to advise staff of firm developments;
· Assisting in the motivation of staff;
· Staff recruitment – conducting second interviews with another manager or partner
Qualifications and Experience
· ACA/ACCA qualified;
· Proven auditing skills in the Funds Sector is essential;
· RI status or able to demonstrate RI status can be achieved in a short timescale is essential;
· Strong IT skills, particularly Excel;
· Proven technical skills, leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively; and
· Proven engagement managerial skills.