Audit Director, Financial Services (AIFM / Hedge funds)
|Job Title:||Audit Director, Financial Services (AIFM / Hedge funds)|
|Contact Name:||Human Resources|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2019 16:09|
Financial Services Division
PKF Littlejohn is ranked among the top 6 advisers to the UK insurance sector.
Led by eight partners, our Financial Services division is one of the largest teams outside the Big 4.
We currently provide a variety of services to asset managers, private equity funds, corporate finance firms, and other FCA authorised businesses however this is at a smaller scale than our insurance business. We want to grow our wider funds business to have the same reputation and standing as our insurance businesses.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
• To become recognised as being an industry expert in the Funds sector, in particular, in respect of AIFM / Hedge funds and to lead the services in this sub sector of our funds team;
• To be part of the core funds team that will create a recognised centre of excellence for the investment management industry in audit and advisory work;
• To work with the other members of the core funds team and to build and implement a growth strategy
• Win new business through excellent management of existing clients, but also by identifying new business opportunities both in audit and advisory work;
• Act as a liaison with our funds team in our sister firm in New York;
• To take charge of the planning, on-site running and completion of a portfolio of assignments; and • Be passionate about a career within the Funds industry.
You will manage an allocated client portfolio, this will involve:
• Efficiently managing your time to ensure your client portfolio is properly serviced and work is completed in a timely manner;
• Identifying business opportunities from existing clients and supporting initiatives to develop new business opportunities;
• Managing all stages of the audit and signing off audit and client money opinions (with RI status)
• Anticipating significant accounting issues based on experience and knowledge of other companies; being proactive in recommending solutions to these issues;
• Advising clients on all financial reporting issues with reference to other specialists where necessary;
• Advising clients on client asset compliance issues
• Managing audit teams and reviewing their work;
• Responsibility for on the job training as required; and
• Ensure compliance with internal (methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
Project Work/Special Work
In addition to managing a portfolio of audit clients, you may also deal with advisory work.
Example projects have included:
• Assisting with regulatory investigation;
• Portfolio valuation models for fund restructuring purposes;
• Assisting in creation of fund complexes; and
• Regulatory advisory work / supporting FCA applications;
You will assist with the running of the Funds team with the support of the other senior members of the FS Division. This will involve the following:
• Building and implementing a plan to grow the team;
• Working alongside other teams e.g. family office and marketing teams to promote the firm;
• Active involvement in the development of staff;
• Delivering relevant funds training to the team;
• Contributing to staff briefing meetings;
• Assisting in the motivation of staff;
• Staff recruitment – conducting second interviews with another manager or partner
Qualifications and Experience
• ACA/ACCA qualified;
• Proven auditing skills in the Funds Sector is essential;
• RI status or able to demonstrate RI status can be achieved in a short timescale is essential;
• Strong IT skills, particularly Excel;
• Proven technical skills, leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively; and
• Proven engagement managerial skills.