|Job Title:||Audit Director|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £92000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steven O'Connell|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2021 13:21|
Audit Director job based in Central London
Your new organisation
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a regulatory body based in Central London. They are recruiting an Audit Director on a permanent basis.
Your new role
The Audit Director will provide audit expertise to support the Enforcement Division's casework and case strategy in complex and often high-profile investigations under the Audit Enforcement Procedure. The role will involve advising across a portfolio of investigations and enforcement proceedings handled by multi-disciplinary teams of forensic accountants, lawyers, and legal assistants.
The role includes:
- Assisting in identifying issues of potential non-compliance with the regulatory framework, including Auditing, Ethical and Quality Control Standards and Audit Regulations
- Assisting investigation case teams to determine key focus areas at the commencement of an investigation
- Liaising with forensic accountants and lawyers during the investigation and advising on any change in focus or additional lines of enquiry
- Reviewing sections of complex audit files and aspects of firm-wide policies and procedures as necessary
- Drafting reports/advisory memoranda for case teams or external advisors as required to explain complex accounting or auditing issues
- Advising case teams on the seriousness/significance of breaches identified
- Assessing the reasonableness of judgements made by fellow audit professionals on cases under investigation
- Advising case teams of issues requiring external expertise
- Considering the external expert's initial conclusions and providing insight on possible areas for clarification or expansion
- Helping investigations to progress in a fair and professional manner
What do I need?
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with substantial experience at director level or above in the audit of listed and other public interest entities. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the competencies set out below:
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including drafting reports/memoranda on individual investigations to be used by internal case teams and external advisors
- Ability to explain complex accounting and auditing concepts in an easily comprehensible manner to a non-accounting audience
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and taking sole responsibility for the accuracy and quality of the work product
- Ability to challenge the judgements and quality of work performed by engagement partners and other members of the audit teams whose files are subject to investigation, including the largest and most complex audits
- Effective project and time management skills to complete assignments within the timetable set and meet a complex series of deadlines for the different stages of an investigation
- Ability to provide valuable and timely input into drafting precise and challenging questions for audit team members, for either written or oral questioning
- Good understanding of the requirements of a regulatory or disciplinary process including a thorough understanding of the difference between the requirements of audit and investigation
What do I get return?
You will be paid a salary of 92000 per annum, plus excellent benefits working for a well-recognised regulatory body.
What do I need to do now?
Please send your CV through ASAP.