|Job Title:||Audit Associate|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 09:18|
Audit Associate role with Grant Thornton in Cambridge
Hays are working in partnership with Grant Thornton, one of the world's leading independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. They are driven by independent thinkers who can provide high quality business and financial advice to a wide range of clients in countries all over the world.
Our client is committed to creating an inclusive working environment where people can flourish, where differences are understood and respected, and everyone is valued. The firm recognises it's important to understand how they can support you in your role, including exploring any reasonable and flexible working adjustments. This flexibility will enable you to bring your full self to work and be at your best. They have taken steps to create an agile working culture where you are empowered to work where you want, when you want and how you want to deliver the best service to your clients.
You already know the audit ropes, so you'll be happy preparing and reviewing work papers and drafting financial statements from day one. And, because their structure id flatter than most, you could find yourself on a faster track to your next promotion (and even to partner). You'll have more say over the projects you take on and more responsibility to run them your way
Here are a few more things you can expect. Don't worry if you don't tick every box. We're big believers in hiring for attitude and training for skill, so if you need coaching along the way, we can help
- Look after your own portfolio. Get a bigger view of industries and markets by taking care of a small portfolio of mid-sized, growing businesses.
- Get different perspectives and share yours. You'll discuss audit issues and share ideas with our senior team and your clients.
- Win over your clients. Your creative approach, and the fact you always deliver on time mean you won't just make a great first impression on clients, you'll build rewarding, long-term relationships.
- Share the load. You'll have plenty of responsibility, but you'll never be alone. We expect you to delegate work to other members of the team when it plays to their strengths. And you'll pick up work when our engagement leads need help
- Be a role model in the office. When your team needs extra support, you'll be there to mentor and give them on-the-job coaching.
- Be an inspiration in the wider world. You'll take part in networking events across the region and talk to local businesses - advising them on better ways to build trust and grow sustainably.
- You'll be studying towards your ACA, CA, ACCA or similar professional qualification and have experience working with External Audit clients
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays, for more details or to apply.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's