Competitve + Benefits
12 days ago
As an Audit Assistant Manager, you will lead and take ownership of multiple audit engagements and will take responsibility for overseeing and developing junior staff. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing them an exceptional service.
By joining our dedicated Insurance team, you will get the chance to audit some well-known names in the insurance industry. Clients range from brokers and intermediaries, to life and general insurers and those within the reinsurance and Lloyd’s market, making us one of the leading auditors in the sector.
In a rapidly changing business world, we care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
• Proactively maintain relationships with clients in your portfolio all year round.
• Perform the audit planning and highlight key risk areas for manager attention.
• Draft the budget and assign audit areas to be tested to team members.
• Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed on progress of the audit.
• Review audit file during fieldwork stage and upon completion, raising notes and resolving issues on a timely basis.
• Draft audit committee report or other feedback to management and take a role in its delivery.
• Look for opportunities to offer additional services to existing clients and to convert opportunities with new clients.
• ACA / CA / ACCA (or international equivalent) qualification.
• Experience of leading external audits from planning through to completion.
We are committed to developing our people, so don’t worry if you don’t match all the below:
• Experience of working on listed companies and / or those in the insurance industry.
• Technically up to date in UK GAAP / FRS102 and ideally IFRS.
• Ability to manage and train junior staff.
• Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
BESPOKE BENEFITS THAT WORK FOR YOU
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
True agile working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately, it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
WE OPEN DOORS!
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services
Being part of the Mazars team means being part of something big! Operating in 89 countries around the world, the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite. Whether that’s gaining exposure to different types of clients, learning new skills or exploring international opportunities. We open doors that make Your Years at Mazars, Years That Count.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 2,250 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally. Globally we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients at every stage in their development.