Audit Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Audit Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Aimee Hall|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2020 14:48|
The successful Audit Assistant Manager will deliver professional services of the highest standard, through the supervision and organisation of staff and the performance of audit services to all clients across a range of industry sectors. Turnover typically is in the range £10m - £100m. Assignments are across a range of sectors including Owner Managed Businesses, Public Interest Entities and Not For Profit Organisations. Work would be expected to be performed under the supervision of the Audit Managers and Audit Partners.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Full responsibility for the Management of the Assignment. This includes all aspects of planning including budgeting and resourcing, coordinating the manager and partner, client meetings and client visits.
• Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
• Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure the analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to other seniors and assistants.
• In light of the above, produce a costed work programme for the assignment tailored to the risks associated with the client.
• Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
• Produce the Client Audit Plan (“CAP”) to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client.
• Where applicable, prepare draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
• Organise, prepare agenda for and chair team meeting and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team..
• Ensure team member’s objectives have been set and are monitored throughout the assignment
• Ensure all Manager and Partner review points noted and cleared.
• Where appropriate, allocates work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives
• Completes the complex and more risky areas of the assignment and provides on the job training and support to assistants and seniors
• Reviews the work of assistants and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
• Ensures work of assistants has been reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review
• Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
• Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
• Be aware of developments concerning client’s affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
• Ensure completion of Financial Statements and closedown of audit files.
• Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
• Draft the audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and draft management letter and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
• Provide constructive feedback for the completion of staff appraisals on the assistants and seniors and 360 degree feedback on managers and partners.
YOUR SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our team as an Audit Assistant Manager, the successful applicant will need to meet all of the following mandatory requirements for the position:
• Qualified accountant – ACA/ACCA (or equivalent).
• Holds significant external audit experience managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams within accountancy practice.
• People management experience.
• Prior experience of working at an experienced Assistant Manager level
• Business development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
• A desire to help grow and develop the department.
• Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
• Ability to identify issues thought sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication.
• Can deliver confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients
• Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others
• Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
• Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Assistant Manager
Audit Assistant Manager
Audit Assistant Manager - Corporate
Birmingham, West Midlands
£39000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Accounts & Audit Assistant Manager
£32000 - £38000 per annum + 25 days holiday + hybrid working
Audit Assistant Manager - Southampton