Competitive + Benefits
16 days ago
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 650 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business control and credibility. Our expertise range from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services and some of the largest FT Global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
• Full responsibility for the Management of the Assignment. This includes all aspects of planning including budgeting and resourcing, coordinating the manager and partner, client meetings and client visits.
• Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
• Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure the analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to other seniors and assistants.
• Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
• Produce the Client Audit Plan (“CAP”) to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client.
• Where applicable, prepare draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
• Organise, prepare agenda for and chair team meeting and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team.
• Where appropriate, allocates work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives: in particular assigning more responsibility to more junior staff.
• Completes the complex and more risky areas of the assignment.
• Reviews the work of assistants and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
• Ensures work of assistants has been reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review (to allow manager to concentrate on key risk areas).
• Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
• Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Ensure completion of Financial Statements and closedown of audit files.
• Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
• Draft the audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and draft management letter and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
• Complete assignment reviews within two weeks of the end of engagement and ensure partner sign off (for both own and other members of the team).
• ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
• External audit experience – leading/supervising external audits from planning through to completion is essential.
• External audit experience on a range of clients across industry and commerce sectors, working within an accountancy practice
• Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions is essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
• Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge and develop themselves and others.
• Pro-actively identifies client needs and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
WE OPEN DOORS!
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Being part of the Mazars team means being part of something big! Operating in 89 countries around the world, the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite. Whether that’s gaining exposure to different types of clients, learning new skills or exploring international opportunities. We open doors that make Your Years at Mazars, Years That Count.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 1,700 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally. Globally we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients at every stage in their development.