Competitive + Benefits
5 days ago
To deliver professional services of the highest standard, through the supervision and organisation of staff and the performance of audit services to large and listed clients.
The role includes the following but not limited to:
• Full responsibility for the Management of the Assignment. This includes all aspects of planning including budgeting and resourcing, coordinating the manager and partner, +Vantage completion (Mazars audit software), client meetings and client visits.
• Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
• Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure the analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to other seniors and assistants.
• Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
• Produce the Client Audit Plan (“CAP”) to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client.
• Where applicable, prepare draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
• Completes the complex and more risky areas of the assignment.
• Provides on the job training and support to assistants and seniors
• Reviews the work of assistants and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
• Ensures work of assistants has been reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review (to allow manager to concentrate on key risk areas).
• Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
• Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
• Be aware of developments concerning client’s affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
• ACA or ACCA qualified or (equivalent)
• External audit experience – leading/supervising external audits from planning through to completion
• Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions is essential
• Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control is essential.
• Previous experience working within an accountancy practice is essential
• Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
• Pro-actively identifies client needs and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels