Audit Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Audit Assistant Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lewis Bailey|
|Job Published:||October 10, 2019 11:10|
- You will work as part of the established Corporate team based in our City of London office which will ultimately see you acting as a manager on a mixed and demanding portfolio of clients across a range of sectors/industries. You will have partial responsibility for supervising and developing more junior members of staff whilst assisting your Manager with tasks such as WIP control, billing procedures and debtor control. You will also be expected to be commercial in developing new business at BD and networking events/functions. Although an Audit focussed role, you will also get exposure to general accounts with the expected Audit vs Accounts split being roughly 70:30
- To display a commercial approach to client servicing and to demonstrate maturity in judgement.
- To produce complete client files to consistently good standard, in accordance with Price Bailey compliance requirements.
- To competently manage all routine tax compliance matters occurring within client assignments. Initially this is through the support of other but ultimately building the skills to deal with basic tax compliance.
- To raise high quality business correspondence, including technically demanding reports.
- To take partial responsibility for portfolio WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate partners and Directors.
- To display strong and proactive awareness of current legislation and changes, relating them where appropriate to client assignments.
- To be able to identify opportunities to add value to clients and refer them to Price Bailey specialists where appropriate.
- To be able to delegate work effectively where appropriate.
- To assist in staff development appraisal meetings and mentoring
- To display a strong team ethic working alongside other managers sharing resources
Work based competencies
- ACA/ACCA Fully qualified
- 2-3 post-qualified experience
- Staff supervisory experience
- Commercially minded
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- A highly professional appearance and attitude
- A team player
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and take on new challenges
- Highly organised with evidenced ability to manage time
- Motivated and ambitious
Training & Development:
- Continued professional development program
- Annual performance reviews
- Smart Working (see website for further details)
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 25 days Holiday (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme)
- Life Assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Retail Discounts as part of UK 200 Group