18 days ago
Menzies LLP is currently looking for passionate & talented individuals who not only align with but also live & breathe our Menzies 'BRIGHT' values to join our growing & dynamic firm. Menzies LLP is currently looking to recruit a talented Audit Assistant Manager for our Audit team in our Solent office, you will be required to manage audits with turnover up to £50M. This is a key role within a strong team and there is the aspiration this role will develop into a partner of the future.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of client portfolio including: Statutory audits; accounts preparation; general advisory, strategic and tax planning; attend client meetings;
- Managing audits
- Completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Marketing, including prospect follow ups, attending local events, etc.
- Liaison with other service lines as needed i.e. Vat, Tax, etc.
- Liaise with overseas auditors and advisors.
- Assist with training and development of junior staff.
- Reviewing audit files.
- Planning, preparation and scheduling of audit jobs
- Where applicable delivering recommendations to management post audit
- Manage WIP and monthly billing, chasing debtors.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- ACA qualified (degree not essential)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in an Accountancy Practice
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, IFRS, statutory accounts and disclosures
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Audit Assistant Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.