0 - 0
5 days ago
PKF Francis Clark
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Corporate Services team in our Taunton office, which is just 2 minutes from junction 25 of the M5. We will look to you to lead the larger and more complex assignment, utilising the skills and experience of our talented team to deliver exceptional client service. The clients you will be working with are exciting and varied, operating in sectors such as food and drink, sports, manufacturing, software developers/sellers, charities and other not-for-profits.
Due to new client acquisition and company growth, our Taunton audit team is going through a sustained period of growth, leading to excellent career prospects for you to look forward to.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading larger and more complex audit assignments
- Audit planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and in the office
- Taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to fully, all hours are correctly recorded and budgets are met
- Supporting the manager and partner group on ad hoc projects and assignments
- Supervising and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Liaising with client staff, which often includes non-accounts personnel
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients
- Producing work for Manager and/ or Partner review, clearly highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where required
- Potential to take on a client portfolio.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a practice environment and including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Ability to run multiple projects across the manager and partner group
- Committed, accurate, methodical and enquiring approach to work
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using ProAudit and computer based accounts and tax compilation programmes; plus advanced MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- FRS 102, ISAs and IFRS knowledge desirable
- Full driving license with own car insured for business use.
PKF Francis Clark is the place for your career. Our growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
Aside from a fantastic working environment, we also offer an excellent benefits package, to include:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Tech Scheme
- Perks at Work
- Cycle to Work Scheme.