Audit Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Audit Assistant Manager|
|Contact Name:||Hayley Forsyth|
|Job Published:||August 12, 2019 10:48|
Why Johnston Carmichael?
As the largest independent accountancy firm in Scotland, with 12 offices across Scotland employing over 800 staff, we have a clear vision for progression and an open culture in which our team are actively encouraged to play an important part in our growth story.
As a member of the PKF International network, we are a part of a family of legally independent firms with over 400 offices, operating in 150 countries.
At Johnston Carmichael, we stand out from the crowd:
- We’ll help you progress your career AND support your learning and development
- You’ll be part of Scotland’s largest accountancy firm AND one which is a valued member of local communities across the country.
- As well as financial reward, you’ll enjoy the huge variety of client experience which life at Johnston Carmichael offers.
We work with a broad range of corporate, third sector and other organisation types across fourteen industry sectors in Scotland.
To be responsible for controlling the day to day audit work typically on the firms larger and riskier clients; coach, train and supervise the audit team as needed; ensure deadlines and budgets are met and the audit file is presented for review as a complete file.
You will also be responsible for managing the delivery of audit work on a portfolio of clients.
The Audit Assistant Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Preparation, supervision and review of audit working papers and production of a comprehensive and complete audit file.
- Plan the work and take responsibility for managing the process through to submission of the completed audit file to the Audit Manager/RI.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of Audit and Financial Reporting and related matters.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Monitor the audit compliance position using audit software and ensure compliance with audit quality control.
- Taking responsibility to discuss with the local audit team the incorporation of data analytics within each audit.
- Mentor and train more junior members of the team.
- Work closely with the audit team to ensure audit work is handled efficiently and effectively from start to finish and is done in accordance with the Firm’s Audit policy and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Be the principal contact for smaller clients on day to day audit matters and work with RIs and managers on larger clients.
- Liaising with client staff while on the client’s premises, building effective relationships with client’s staff.
- Building relationships with client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Support the audit centre’s business development in the local area.
- Qualified CA (or equivalent) and above.
- Experience in leading on-site audit teams.
- Practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of audit files, financial statements and audit working papers. Full training will be given on all software packages.
The successful candidate will also have good organisational skills and be pro-active in their approach to their work.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's