Audit & Assurance Technical Advisor
|Job Title:||Audit & Assurance Technical Advisor|
|Salary:||Up to £92000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2020 13:54|
The Technical Advisor will work in an Audit and Assurance Policy Team developing audit related policy.
Our client is responsible for the development of audit-related policy. This includes the development of technical standards and guidance, and consistent interpretation and application of standards.
In supporting the Audit and Assurance Policy Team in the development of audit related policy, the Technical Advisor will support the Technical Director in the role as a member of the IAASB. The Technical Advisor will also participate in audit policy team projects.
- Attending meetings of the IAASB with the Technical Director.
- Providing support for Task Force meetings, Consultative Advisory Group meetings and National Standard Setter meetings as considered appropriate by the Technical Director.
- Providing support through:
- Developing background analysis in preparation for meetings, including reviewing and commenting on meeting papers and performing outreach;
- Understanding and responding to other IAASB member views;
- Making comprehensive records of discussions at meetings and preparing meeting notes;
- Drafting responses to correspondence and papers relating to the IAASB member's role.
- Undertaking international outreach activities related to the IAASB and its activities.
- Undertaking outreach on IAASB activities in the UK, including maintaining a strong stakeholder network and developing a good, current understanding of their views (and rationales) regarding key IAASB projects and proposals.
- Participating in audit policy team projects as appropriate. including managing, and contributing to, A&A team projects (e.g. the development of new or revised standards and guidance material) from inception to completion. Including managing working parties and writing documents to a standard suitable for publication.
The ideal candidates will have:
- An ACA , ACCA or CA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Significant audit experience gained a Senior Manager level.
- Experience in developing and drafting technical material is preferred, but not essential.
- Understanding of the commercial, regulatory and other external influences on audit to support the setting of high-quality standards and guidance.
- Salary £92,000
- Competitive benefits package, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- A strong work/ life balance ethos.
Please contact Colin Hawkins 0207 269 2249 for further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Stakeholder Assurance Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £55000 per annum + bonus + benefits
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent package
working from home
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£31000 - £37000 per annum + overtime, 25 days holiday + hybrid working