Audit and Assurance Examiner
|Job Title:||Audit and Assurance Examiner|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||Paid per examination session|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2020 13:47|
Become an ICAEW Professional Level Audit and Assurance Examiner
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Audit and Assurance team within the ACA qualification.
The Examiner is responsible for the production of the ACA exams and mark schemes according to the syllabus specification and for the marking of these exams. They are required to work closely with the team and the Senior Moderators at all stages.
EXAMINER ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Prepare the exam and mark schemes consistent with the syllabuses.
- critically assess the quality of questions and candidates’ answers for each exam and prepare the post exam material with commentaries for publishing.
- organise the marking of written scripts with the assistance of the Moderator or team
- report on the marking and results of the exam.
- attend meetings of the Examination Review Board to critically assess other ACA exam subjects
- meet representatives of the tutorial organisations and ICAEW selected publishing partner for the Core Learning Materials to discuss the aims and objectives of the syllabus as interpreted in recent exams and suggest changes.
ICAEW Examiners are experts in their subject area, drawing from commercial and/or academic experience and applying this within an assessment framework. You may be changing career path, looking for additional work to expand your portfolio, or already be working as a freelancer in the professional qualifications space. You’ll likely have recent experience of teaching, setting or marking professional accountancy examinations, usually in the subject area for which you are applying. ICAEW membership is desirable, and membership of at least one relevant professional body is essential.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- specialism in Audit and Assurance
- able to understand and advise on the regulatory, professional and ethical issues relevant to those carrying out an assurance engagement
- able to understand the processes involved in accepting and managing assurance engagements
- able to understand how quality assurance processes mitigate risks
- able to plan assurance engagements in accordance with the terms of the engagements and appropriate standards
- able to conclude and report on assurance engagements in accordance with the terms of the engagements and appropriate standards
- together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please send your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
To ExaminerRecruitment@icaew.com by Friday 1st May.
Due to the current circumstances, this interviews may be held via telephone. However normally interviews will be held in either Chartered Accountants Hall, Moorgate, London EC2R 6EA or at Metropolitan House, 321 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes MK9 on or around Tuesday 2nd June 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Risk and Audit Manager - Complex Non-Profit
City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits (Part Time Options Available)
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit
53000 - 75000
Audit Manager - Not For Profit
48000 - 65000
Finance and Business Manager
£44k - 46k per year
NAS Senior Manager – Audit Professional Services (Happy to talk flexible working)
60000 - 85000