Audit and Accounts Senior (Part-Qualified)
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounts Senior (Part-Qualified)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2020 10:16|
We are currently looking for our new Audit and Accounts Senior. This is a key position based out of the Woking office and forms part of the wider Audit and Assurance service we offer our clients.
Candidate may be either fully qualified accountant or exam qualified.
The purpose of this role is work as a key part of the audit team ensuring that audit planning, fieldwork and completion is performed to a sufficient standard, ultimately resulting in the ability for Menzies to sign audit reports.
Work as a key part of the accounts team, being responsible for the more challenging accounts preparation jobs and assisting clients with technical accounting problems.
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinate planning with clients, including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Business development including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects.
- Development and supervision of trainees.
- Travel between Woking office and client premises with occasional audit assignments where a hotel stay is required
- Some experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice
- Studying towards becoming an ACA / ACCA / CA qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Experience of leading external audit assignments from planning to completion stages under International Standards on Auditing
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across
- Sound knowledge of key risks applicable to specific audits and aware of own limitations and when to ask for assistance
- Spanish, German or French language skills would be a benefit due to international clientele but not a must have
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's