Audit and Accounts Senior
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounts Senior|
|Salary:||Highly Competitive Package, including substantial benefits|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2020 09:24|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries. Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Audit & Accounts Senior to provide exceptional auditing and assurance services to a diverse range of clients, as well as providing support to the development of less senior staff to ensure they have the relevant knowledge and that they are given appropriate training to progress. Other key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading client audit engagements, including planning, executing, directing, and completing financial statements
- Supervise, train and mentor junior team members
- Research and analyse financial statements and audit related issues
- Strong leadership and co-ordination of the audit team to ensure deadlines and budgets are adhered to
- Substantive and compliance testing, whilst identifying and resolving any errors
- Investigate and provide recommendations for audit review queries, ensuring all relevant action points have been adequately addressed
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment.
You’ll ideally have a solid understanding and experience with a diverse range of clients, be accustomed to documenting systems procedures for complex cycles, identifying key controls for testing and tailoring compliance testing procedures. Naturally, you’ll have the experience in identifying key risk areas in the audit planning process, including identifying audit and control risks and tailoring of audit programs. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Intermediate to Advanced professional accounting practice experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Solid understanding of accounting and audit software
- Strong MS Excel skills, ideally to advanced level
- High level communication skills between clients, staff and management
- Strong time management skills and not phased by deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's