0 - 0
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Audit and Accounts Senior
Location: Rossendale, Lancashire
Ref: North 201 & 202
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Audit and Accounts Senior at our Rossendale office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completion of audit assignments
- Ability to project manage to meet deadlines and budget constraints
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client records
- Involvement in the preparation and review of corporation tax returns
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service
- Supervising teams on site, including review of work undertaken by junior staff
- Coach and train junior staff
As an Audit and Accounts Senior at our Rossendale office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- ACCA/ACA qualified (or equivalent) or several years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience of group audit and consolidation work (desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of FRS 102 and UK GAAP (some IFRS experience desirable)
- Broad range of audit and assurance experience including planning, controlling and completing diverse range of assignments
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Strong team working and organisational skills
- Experience of supervising and developing staff
- Demonstrable ability to take responsibility and use initiative
- Competence with Microsoft Office package
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Experience in preparation of corporate tax returns (desirable)
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.