Audit & Accounts Senior
|Job Title:||Audit & Accounts Senior|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2020 09:51|
As a Senior, you will carry out audit and accounts assignments as allocated by the managers. You will also be expected to be involved in all aspects of the assignments from planning to preparing a completed file for manager or partner review.
Key Areas of Focus
- Planning the Assignment, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing/supervising the team.
- Preparing the accounts/audit assignment papers and budgets in line with Wilkins Kennedy procedures.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget and reporting to the appropriate manager at once if circumstances arise that may mean the agreed budget will be exceeded.
- Completing the accounts/audit programmes and checklists.
- Where applicable, contacting clients to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stock-takes etc.
- Assisting with clients with adjustments to their accounting packages.
- Providing ad hoc support for managers/partners.
- Preparing accounts/audit confirmation.
- Attending stock-takes.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax and/or Income Tax computations and liaise with the Tax Department and deal with any queries raised.
- Delegating detailed work to semi-seniors or juniors, review their work, providing on the job training assistance and carry out a task appraisal in order to feedback on performance.
- Drafting accounts packages (letters/minutes/certificates, etc.)
- Clearing review points and putting through adjustments to the accounts.
- Contributing to the firm’s practice development.
- Keeping up-to-date with developments concerning client affairs and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
Skills & Experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Sound technical competence including solid accounts/audit experience on a mix of clients e.g. corporate, charities, academies, FSA
- Knowledge of current UK accounting standards
- Highly IT literate - experience of Iris, Pro-audit and Sage Line 50 would be an advantage
- Have the ability to supervise and manage a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's