Audit & Accounts Senior
|Job Title:||Audit & Accounts Senior|
|Salary:||30000 - 45000|
|Contact Name:||Jess Powell|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2019 11:43|
Locations: Taunton, Trowbridge, Swindon, Bath
As a leading independent Firm of chartered accountants and commercial advisers, we are always on the lookout for passionate people to join our teams. Not only will we give you the support you need to grow your career, but you will have a voice from day one.
MHA Monahans has offices across the South West of England. We work with some of the most exciting and dynamic businesses across a range of sectors, from Rural and Manufacturing, to Academies and Not for Profits. Our diverse sector specialism and broad geographical reach means we have the ability to offer employees a broad range of experience both in the office and at a client's premises. We will give you the opportunity to keep developing and growing your experience.
MHA Monahans is a member of the highly-regarded national association MHA as well as the UK member of Baker Tilly International giving us local knowledge with national and international reach. MHA has eight member firms and over 50 offices nationwide.
We love to help people grow their careers with us. We offer an extensive programme of CPD and soft skills training to all our people, so they can be ready to make the next step.
We are determined that your work life will be a positive experience. You will have a chance to implement positive change throughout the Firm through our various committees and groups. We are committed to supporting our nominated local charities by running fundraising events and numerous food-related activities throughout the year. We also hold regular social club outings as well as Firm-wide events to encourage relationships to be built across all teams and offices.
To provide a comprehensive, customer focussed client service for a range of accounting and auditing activities, supporting the organisation to achieve the goals as laid out in the business plan.
Reports to: Department Manager
Direct Reports: Audit Juniors when on assignments
Budgets: Personable chargeable time budget
Location: Based in the Swindon office however the role will be responsible for dealing with clients across the Monahans area and therefore visits to the other offices and client premises will be required most weeks
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring that clients receive an appropriate level of service to meet their business needs by:
- Maintaining a productive relationship with key clients, maintaining regular contact, dealing with any specific queries or problems using available specialist skills and knowledge as required
- Analysing, interpreting and auditing the range of data supplied by clients, checking for any missing information and conducting detailed investigations to determine anything that does not tally or has been incorrectly recorded or processed, resolving the matter in the most appropriate manner
- Producing draft year end and management accounts from a wide variety of data with clear neat working papers to reflect the accounts produced and ensuring clear cross-referencing
- Completing basic tax computations
- Completing detailed schedules for each set of accounts to ensure the analysis is correct and logical as required
- Identify any problems with information provided by the client and discuss with the client accordingly
- Composing correspondence to clients, tax office, registrar of companies and others
- Produce accounts/tables/schedules/letter to expected standards using Word, IRIS, and Excel
- Working with the department manager, plan and prioritise work according to client and partner needs, deadlines and requirements providing information for billing purposes
- Providing coaching, feedback and support to junior members of the team, using knowledge and experience to suggest different approaches that could be taken
- Delegate work to junior team members ensuring their understanding, explaining priorities and providing constructive feedback on work completed
- Providing feedback to partners on business and any other concerns to ensure that they are fully aware of any issues
Education & Qualifications
- Qualified/part qualified ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience
Experience & Knowledge - Essential
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Use of Microsoft Excel & Word.
Experience & Knowledge - Desirable
- Acting as an audit senior.
- Dealing with owner managed businesses.
- Experience of charity or pension audits
- Managing junior staff while out on audit.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Use of Sage Instant/Line 50
- Use of Iris practice software
Skills & Abilities
- Effective communication skills - telephone, emails, letters, reports
- Good customer care skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines – planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintenance
- Interpersonal skills – able to build relationships both internally and with clients
Disposition & Attitude
- Positive and outgoing
- Self sufficient when necessary and able to work alone for periods of time
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work – not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities
- Tact and diplomacy – able to explain issues to colleagues, partners & clients
- Organised, methodical, detail conscious
- Self confident and able to demonstrate effective use of personal judgement
- Flexibility – able to deal with changing priorities, deadlines and circumstances, willing to work with others
- Discreet and confidential – able to stand their ground where necessary regarding queries from others
- Creative – ideas to assist in meeting client expectations
- Mobility across Monahans offices and client sites
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours when client needs require i
In return, we offer;
- Flexible Benefits Scheme (annual renewal, 12 month contract)
- Buying and selling of holiday days
- Pension contributions via salary exchange
- Free annual flu jabs
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance – 4 x gross annual salary
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Incentive and Recognition Scheme
- Interest-free Staff Loans (parking, etc)
- Job-specific Training and Development
- One annual professional subscription paid by the company
- Regular charity and social events
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses through Haine & Smith or Specsavers
- Annual Pay reviews
- Discounted gym membership
- Progression opportunities
- A friendly and supportive environment
Please note that your application is more likely to be successful if you include a cover note which includes your notice period, salary expectations and relevant experience for the role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's