Audit and Accounts Senior
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounts Senior|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + + study support|
|Contact Name:||James Clark|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2019 17:29|
Audit and Accounts Senior job Part Qualified Accountancy Practice Surrey
Your new company
My client, a reputable Accountancy Practice based in Surrey is looking of an Audit and Accounts senior to join their team. The Firm is growing and has a large client base but the culture remains friendly and relaxed. The role will be 60% audit and 40% accounts.
Your new role
You will be reporting to both the Head of Accounts and the Head of Audit, undertaking numerous tasks for both teams. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- You will be undertaking critical risk assessments and preparing a detailed audit plans, tailored to each client, determining relevant sample sizes.
- You will be supervising the work of more junior team members, including providing training and assistance as required, ensuring that audit procedures are followed in accordance with Firm policies
- You will assist in the audit field work and completion of audit files and be responsible for audit assignments from start to finish, ensuring audit work is completed on a timely basis and within budget
- You will preparing statutory financial statements and supporting electronic working paper files, including supporting reconciliations and analysis including drafting corporation and business tax computations
- You will providing coaching and support to more junior team members
- You will assist the Head of Accounts with updating accounts files, processing more complex adjustments, resolving manager, partner and tax review points
- You will managing jobs from start to completion, including sending draft accounts to clients, liaising with Tax Managers to follow up/assist with tax reviews and preparing final accounts ensuring work is completed within budget
- You will liaise with clients to request additional information and resolve queries, and also to provide training or assistance as required
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a part qualified ACA or ACCA with a minimum of two years work experience in a Practice environment. You will be a confident auditor with the ability to plan and lead audits without assistance. In terms of account preparation you will be able to work to FRS 102 and 105. You will be able to prioritise and manage your workload effectively and efficiently as you will be reporting to two departments. Your communication skills will be at a high level and be able to use Microsoft package to a high level.
What you'll get in return
Your salary will depend on your experience and study support requirement as you will be encouraged to complete your ACA or ACCA qualification. It is a 7.5 hour working day with 1 hour for lunch, hours are flexible. You will receive 20 days holiday, increasing by one day a year up to 25 days. There is also a route to promotion for committed and proven individuals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's