Audit and Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounts Semi Senior|
|Salary:||25000 - 32000|
|Contact Name:||Barry Angel|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 15:43|
Job Title: Audit & Accounts Semi Senior
Team: Audit & Accounts Team
Opportunity to join SKS Business Services Group, an innovative, boutique growing accountancy and tax practice. The role will be based at its subsidiary, Cansdales in Little Chalfont (nr Amersham, Bucks) and work as part of the SKS Group Audit function.
SKS is a fast growing £12 million + turnover group with 10 offices in the UK. SKS is an innovative technology savvy company using modern processes suited for current times.
The audit function is centralised, although the teams are dispersed across its 10 offices. The audit client base is quite varied and includes charities, property companies, schools and trading entities.
Cansdales was established in 1935, providing audit and assurance, accounting, tax, payroll and probate services, as well as general financial advice, to a wide range of clients.
Purpose of Role and Primary Objectives:
Assist and provide support to the management of the audit and accounts team as well as member firms within the group in the provision of audit and assurance services.
Assist in the delivery of the other services provided by the group, including management accounts, corporation tax compliance, probate work and ad hoc advice.
Take responsibility for the preparation and/or supervision and/or review of audit and accounts tasks and assignments, ensuring their effective and timely completion and maintaining the highest quality of standards in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures. The Audit and Accounts Semi Senior is expected to be involved in all aspects of the assignments from planning to preparing a high quality completed file utilising assistance of the offshore audit team and other resources in the group.
Report to Partners, Directors, Managers and Seniors of SKS Audit and other group members as appropriate. The role will be based at Cansdales’ offices in Little Chalfont but travel to clients and other group members will also be required.
Report to clients when required and when directed by Partners, Directors and Managers.
- Attend audit and assurance secondments across group member firms
- Assist with the preparation of audit planning, review and completion of assignments
- Attend year end stock takes for group audit member firms
- Work as part of a team to ensure audit and assurance assignments are completed on time/budget
- Visit client’s premises and perform audit and assurance tasks
- Assist in the liaison between the audit team and clients to resolve audit issues
- Assist with the planning of which audit schedules are to be prepared and which audit tests are to be performed, and the design of those tests
- Perform review of fieldwork performed by junior members of the audit team
- Contribute to the review of the audit cycles completed by the audit team
- Prepare and update checklists for all audit request letters and confirmations
- Assess information included in sections of the audit working papers delegated to you and inform on any discrepancies or omissions noted
- Assist with maintaining an up to date permanent file for each job
- Prepare the audit assignment papers and assist with the preparation of budgets
- Review/complete the audit programmes
- Follow up on bank and other certificates
- Review/prepare Corporation Tax computations and Tax provisions
- Control the parts of the assignments delegated to you and ensure that each section of the assignment so delegated is completed
- Provide Audit Partner, Director, Manager or Senior with either a complete file or the delegated sections of an assignment as appropriate with minimal review points
- Draft management letter points
- Clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts
- Liaise with Tax Department and deal with any queries raised
- Liaise with/assist the audit team, provide details of any issues or observations gained during the audit
- Provide and update knowledge of clients’ business
- Assist with the management accounting function
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with the operation of the Management accounts portfolio reporting to Manager or Senior as appropriate
- Assist with probate tasks
- Other projects or ad hoc tasks when required
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Develop and strengthen client relationships
- Communicate with your fellow team members and possible third parties
- Delegate to/supervise junior team members and provide support and development
- Provide partners, directors or managers with feedback on the those under your supervision
- Complete appraisal forms
• Minimum 1 years of experience in Auditing
• Experience in training and coaching junior members of staff
• Knowledge of current UK GAAP accounting standards (essential).
• AAT qualified and/or ACCA/ACA part qualified
• Good interpersonal skills, particularly verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and review skills
• Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
• Computer skills
• Appropriate knowledge and skills in your technical field
• Be aware of developments concerning client affairs so that opportunities for enhancing client service can be identified
Base salary of up to £32,000 per annum plus benefits, dependant on qualifications and experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts and Audit Senior
Richmond upon Thames, London
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Audit and Accounts Senior
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Accounts and Audit Senior
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Audit and Accounts Senior
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Audit Semi Senior
£22000.00 - £28000.00 per annum