Audit and Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounts Semi Senior|
|Salary:||22000 - 27500|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Owens|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2019 14:05|
As an Audit and Accounts Semi-Senior at our Kettering office you will be responsible for the preparation of accounts alongside auditing and basic tax computations for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and small charities. You will also be liaising with clients and working closely with Client Managers.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Audit and Accounts Semi-Senior at our Kettering office, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Assisting with and on audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- Producing audit files for review
- Preparation of draft documentation
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Assists with drafting or pre audit letter and updated engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advanced of audit commitment.
- Prepare accounts for a variety of small clients including sole traders, partnerships, LLP’s and Limited companies etc.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation, minutes to approve the accounts and all other relevant documentation to accompany accounts to client for signature.
- To download information from Companies House and to take into account the impact of changes in share capital, shareholders, directors etc when preparing limited company accounts.
- Management accounts preparation
- To deal with clients in relation to requests for information to support accounting entries.
- To initiate return of records to clients.
- To look after associated departmental administration.
As an Audit and Accounts Semi-Senior at our Kettering office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Some previous exposure to the accountancy industry gained within a practice environment
- An eagerness to learn and progress
- Committed to gaining a career within Audit
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- A strong interest in business
- Organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- Competent numerical and IT skills
- AAT qualified or studying towards ACA/ ACCA
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's