12 days ago
Audit and Accounts Semi Senior - Farnborough
We are recruiting for an Audit and Accounts Semi Senior to work within our Farnborough office, to assist the associate partners and managers in execution of audit field work and audit file completion and to carry out Accounts preparation.
Due to growth within the largest and most progressive region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930’s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
In return the Audit and Accounts Semi Senior role is offering a competitive salary with huge career progression within the firm and great benefits package.
The Audit and Accounts Semi Senior duties will be:
• Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
• Plan assignments in conjunction with the client manager
• Lead smaller assignments and assist colleagues on larger or more complex projects
• Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
• Deliver the audit file to the assignment manager in timely manner
• Identify and document audit issues and control weaknesses
• Regularly communicate assignment progress to the manager
• Monitor your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively
• Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
• Experience of analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
• Experience preparing audit files using an electronic working paper system such as Caseware
• Some prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP
• Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
• ACA/ACCA part qualified
The Audit and Accounts Semi Senior will have the following skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
Personal Audit and Accounts Semi Senior Qualities
• Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• Courteous and professional
If you are keen to secure a progressive Audit and Accounts Semi Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee