Audit and Accounts Manager
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounts Manager|
|Salary:||£Highly Competitive Package, including substantial benefits|
|Contact Name:||Tanya Golovina|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2019 14:11|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media & entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our teams of accountants, tax advisers and business advisers pride themselves on our entrepreneurial approach to our clients’ personal and business affairs based on trust and expert advice. This, combined with the personalised service and tailored approach our clients receive, means that long-lasting working relationships can continue to be formed.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take an individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understanding and full support.
Due to continuous growth and expansion we’re looking for an Audit and Accounts Manager, or an experienced Supervisor who is ready to take the next step. You will provide exceptional accounting, auditing and assurance services to a diverse range of clients, as well as providing support to the development of less senior staff to ensure they have the relevant knowledge and that they are given appropriate training to progress. Other key duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial audits, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Review and prepare financial statements for diverse range of client assignments
- Manage, train and mentor junior staff
- Ensure audit file submitted for Manager sign off is complete in line with standards and regulations
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business
- Identify and develop new client opportunities. Develop strong relationships internally and externally to leverage work opportunities. Ability to cross sell opportunities
- Deal with fee queries and collection of outstanding debtors
- Strong leadership, management and co-ordination of the audit team to ensure deadlines and budgets are adhered to
- Manage, coordinate and delegate client work to a team member with an appropriate level of capability
- Investigate and provide recommendations for audit review queries, ensuring all relevant action points have been adequately addressed
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – Change, Challenge and Commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You’ll ideally have a solid understanding and experience with a diverse range of clients, be accustomed to documenting systems procedures for complex cycles, identifying key controls for testing and tailoring compliance testing procedures. Naturally, you’ll have the experience in identifying key risk areas in the audit planning process, including identifying audit and control risks and tailoring of audit programs. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Advanced professional accounting practice experience
- A Degree in Accountancy or related subject
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Solid understanding of accounting and audit software
- Strong MS Excel skills, ideally to advanced level
- High level communication skills between clients, staff and management
- Strong time management skills and not phased by deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Provide good attention to detail
- Effective team member
- Proactive and motivated
We will offer you a highly competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable, warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit and Accounts Manager
Audit and Accounts Supervisor
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Audit and Accounts Manager - Top 20 Firm - Slough
Up to £57000 per annum
Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Audit & Accounts Manager / Senior Manager
£40000 - £48000 per annum