Audit & Accounts Manager
|Job Title:||Audit & Accounts Manager|
|Salary:||50000 - 60000|
|Contact Name:||Brendan Mare|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 11:45|
Menzies LLP is currently looking to recruit a talented Manager for our Audit & Accounts team in our Woking, Surrey office. The successful candidate will be required to manage a portfolio of audit (60%) & accounts (40%) clients who have turnover up to £100M. The candidate will have to work with several partners and directors as well as the wider managerial team within the office. This is a key role within a strong team and there is the opportunity for the successful candidate to develop into a partner of the future.
As well as being able to prepare and review completed audit files for a large variety of clients to a high standard, the ideal candidate would be a good communicator and be able to deal confidently and effectively with both clients and staff alike. They should be able to cope with jobs where the records are not straight forward, and should be able to work within deadlines and budgets. They will also be dealing with larger privately owned businesses that do not need an audit.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of a sizeable portfolio of clients for whom Menzies provide a number of services which will need to be overseen by the manager.
- Be the primary day to day contact for each client, and know how Menzies can assist them with their requirements, introducing the relevant specialists as required.
- Be responsible for the following services: statutory audits; accounts preparation; general advisory.
- Manage all stages of the audit process, including initial budgeting, planning, fieldwork, completion and sign off.
- Plan, prepare and schedule audits and the necessary staffing required from the pool of audit of audit seniors and juniors.
- Complete jobs without the need for supervision, meeting internal and external deadlines, and working to agreed budgets.
- Deliver recommendations to clients, based on the findings of the audits managed.
- Run client meetings with more senior members of the team present or alone as required.
- Liaise with overseas auditors and advisors as required.
- Liaise with staff from other service lines as required, including VAT, payroll, corporate tax.
- Liaise with other team members to enable the provision of strategic and tax planning advice.
- Manage work in progress and monthly billing, as well as at times assisting with debt collection.
- Informally mentor the audit seniors and juniors, providing specific feedback on each job to the relevant team members.
- Be prepared to become the training manager for ACA and AAT trainees, attending internal meetings and be responsible for staff development accordingly.
- Identify opportunities for clients to benefit from additional services.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure we have every opportunity to offer proactive advice.
- Take part in marketing initiatives, including attending local events on behalf of Menzies.
- Introduce new prospects and contacts to Menzies from which new work could be obtained.
- Represent Menzies to a high, professional standard.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- ACA qualified in Audit.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Mid-Tier accountancy practice.
- Experience of substantive and systems/controls testing, as well as consolidations, group audits and the preparation of statutory accounts and associated disclosures.
- It is not essential to have previous managerial experience. However the candidate will require assistant managerial experience and demonstrate that they understand what the role entails and are capable of demonstrating that they can undertake the key responsibilities.
- Have an advisory mind set with good experience of SME size clients.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Audit & Accounts Manager then apply online ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit & Accounts Manager
North London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Accounts & Audit Assistant Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum + flexible working + 26 days + bank
Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager / Manager
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Audit & Accounts
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£28000 - £35000 per annum
Audit & Accounts Senior
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £40000 per annum