£55,000 - £70,000
19 days ago
About Wilson Wright LLP:
Wilson Wright is an independent accounting, tax and business advisory firm based in the City of London. Our origins go back over 125 years and many of our client partnerships span decades. We are proud to be a people-led professional advisory firm, where heritage, trust and partnership are at the heart of what we believe in.
Over the last decade the firm has undergone a transformation to become the dynamic and highly respected advisory firm it is today.
Central to our core belief is that client relationships and great service are critical to our success and that by promoting a personal, precise, supportive, innovative and proactive environment. We are a trusted adviser delivering valuable advice of the highest standard.
We act for a diverse range of clients who operate in a multitude of sectors both in the UK and Internationally including, but not limited to, property, fintech, sports, entertainment and media.
Our purpose is to Make it Count: we aim to inspire and support each other to be at our best, so we can make a lasting difference to our clients, the community and our firm. Take a look at some of our client relationships to see what sets us apart. https://www.wilsonwright.com/about/what-makes-us-different/
What we value:
- We deliver exceptional client service.
We take great personal pride in helping our clients to achieve their goals.
- We are one team, together we make it count.
People are our greatest asset and together we all work as one team.
- We do the Wright thing.
Integrity is central to everything we do. Clients depend on us and trust us to do the right thing
- We all strive to be the best we can be.
We set high standards in everything that we do and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Day to Day Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working directly with two Partners to oversee a portfolio of audit and non-audit clients and ensuring that compliance requirements are met by liaising with the client and directing work internally for completion
- Provide high level technical guidance on audit, accounts and tax matters
- Client management and commercial awareness - Agreeing fees with partners and clients, understanding the basis of our time costs and the value the client places on the work undertaken, raising bills and following up on outstanding debt
- Review clients from a commercial perspective and understand where they are in their journey, where they want to be and how we can help them get the best outcome. Are there tax planning, EMI, EIS, Entrepreneurs' Relief opportunities?
- Consider and exploit opportunities for winning new work - maintain good relationships with clients, identify key introducers and actively maintain contact with them.
- Maintaining a sound technical knowledge and awareness of emerging issues, attending courses to support this.
- Overseeing specific client assignments - Such as valuations.
- Majority of work will currently be focussed on accounts statutory compliance under FRS102/FRS102 1A with some reporting under IFRS and undertaking specialist audits such as Charities.
- Liaising and meeting with clients in relation to audit planning, progress and conclusion. Making pro-active recommendations where relevant.
- Assessing tax treatments to ensure tax efficiency. Supervising and filing tax returns.
- Providing proactive advice as to technical aspects and solutions to accounting, financial reporting and tax computation.
- Assessing performance of audit staff allocated for review and mentoring every six months.
- Organising and participating in audit meetings to discuss topical issues.
- Attending courses/webinars to keep up to date relevant technical and regulatory changes.
- Perform any special professional work as requested by partners.
- Completing and updating client due diligence forms as and when required.
- From time to time, to research into latest technical developments in respect of audit and financial reporting, and to seek out any specific knowledge as needed.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualified
- People management/supervisory experience with evidence of assisting others to develop both technical and soft skills
- Experience of reviewing others work and managing subsequent changes
- Ability to consistently produce work of a high standard and meeting/surpassing expectations.
- Strong working knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS and ability to apply this to both audit and accounts preparation.
- Strong working knowledge of current tax laws and regulations as well as a pro-active awareness of upcoming changes.
- Evidence of ability to add significant value to a client outside of the standard remit
- Identifying emerging/relevant accounting issues for the audit department
- Identifying areas of concern/areas for improvement for the audit department and proposing/devising/implementing appropriate training
- Liaising with other departments to understand information requirements and provide clients with a joined-up approach. Consider how this can be made as efficient and seamless as possible.
- Engaging with tax teams to obtain technical expertise in complex areas, work with them to relay this at appropriate levels of detail with the audit team
- You will have strong business focus and awareness of current affairs
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- An ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Confidence with being client facing
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook