23 days ago
An opportunity for the right Audit and Accounts Manager candidate to join as an integral part of the firm's succession plan. Autonomy and progression are on offer in this hands-on varied role.
A leading accountancy practice based in Cardiff undergoing continued positive expansion and growth. This firm offers a wide range of services to a range of businesses and individuals and have a diverse and loyal client base. They also offer a lot of technical development and progression. This firm is currently succession planning and eager to bring the right person on board in order to enhance the firm's positive growth and expansion.
The key responsibilities for this Audit and Accounts Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Lead and oversee an audit;
- Manage a set of account;
- Prepare Corporate Tax returns;
- Working directly with a Partner to oversee a portfolio of clients and ensuring that compliance requirements are met by liaising with the client and directing work internally for completion;
- Manage and develop junior sin the Audit and Accounts team;
- Provide high-level technical guidance on accounts and audit matters;
- Agreeing on fees with partners and clients, understanding the basis of our time costs and the value the client places on the work undertaken, raising bills and following up on outstanding debt;
- Review clients from a commercial perspective and understand where they are in their journey, where they want to be and how we can help them get the best outcome;
- Consider and exploit opportunities for winning new work - maintain good relationships with clients, identify key introducers and actively maintain contact with them; and
- Maintaining a sound technical knowledge and awareness of emerging issues.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Audit and Accounts Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- ACCA or ACA qualified (or equivalent) with at least 4 years of UK practice experience;
- Ability to deal with tasks on a timely basis;
- Strong client communication;
- Expertise in dealing with Not-for-Profit Clients;
- Enthusiasm coupled with drive and determination;
- Highly developed organisational skills;
- Knowledge of SME Businesses;
- Proven record of client portfolio management;
- Successful track record of leading Audit teams on large Audit assignments; and
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills.
Support to become an Audit RI;
Progression - succession planning; and