Audit and Accounting Technical Writer (Home Based)
|Job Title:||Audit and Accounting Technical Writer (Home Based)|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + Company profit share + pension|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2020 21:28|
This is an ideal role for someone with strong technical accounting and audit knowledge, excellent writing skills and a keen interest in media.
Award winning, professional services consultancy which provides technical on-line resource content to Accounting, Tax and HR professionals throughout the UK.
The team are looking for a technically strong qualified accountant to take responsibility for authoring and updating audit and accounting products and assist with the transformation of content to facilitate its use online. The post holder will maintain constant vigilance to ensure awareness of all new content developments, such as changes in standards or legislation.
Research and do authoring update work as appropriate for the candidate's expertise and the roles of other team members. This could include:
- Commentary and analysis books / online guides;
- Tools including audit programmes, model accounts & disclosure checklists;
- Online and events training materials (recording audio, preparing slides and notes);
- Contributing articles for news updates;
- IFRS disclosure review/benchmarking reporting;
- Company law and corporate governance; and
- Practice management manuals and tools.
- Work with a number of expert authors and panel members in practice, so the role would also involve discussing technical updates with them and assisting the content manager with reviewing externally produced authoring work.
- Giving clear instructions to editorial/production support teams and reviewing output/proofs within tight publishing publications.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Experience of working within an accounting practice environment, typically within the audit function
- Professional knowledge of and strong technical grounding in the areas of auditing and IFRS and UK GAAP accounting
- A working knowledge of more specialist areas and sectors such as money laundering, Solicitors Accounts Rules, housing associations, pensions, charities and academies would be useful
- Proven writing skills, including the ability to convey complex themes in an accessible way to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise
- £45,000 - £55,000 salary
- Company profit share (non-contractual)
- Company pension
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Insurance
- Fantastic working environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager, Technical Audit & Accounting
£70,000 - £76,000 + benefits
Technical Senior Audit Manager
£HighlyCompetitive plus Excellent Benefits
Interim Accounting and Reporting Manager
Audit and Accounts Manager
£36000 - £48000 per annum + Benefits
Audit and Accounts Senior
£37000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits