Audit & Accounting Technical Writer
|Job Title:||Audit & Accounting Technical Writer|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £60,000 + excellent benefits|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2020 15:09|
£55 - £60k + excellent benefits
Full time, office based – but would consider part-time and/or some element of homeworking for the exceptional candidate. March 2020 coronavirus update – our expert team are continuing business as usual, working on product updates and development projects from home with regular calls/contact. The Content Manager is keen to continue to expand the team to support our clients. Interviews will be conducted via video call for the foreseeable future.
This is an ideal role for someone with strong technical Accounting and Audit knowledge, excellent writing skills and a keen interest in media/publishing to join our expert Audit and Accounting (A&A) author team.
- Research and do authoring update work on the A&A products as appropriate for the candidate’s expertise and the roles of other team members. This could include:
- commentary and analysis online guides;
- tools including audit programmes, model accounts & disclosure checklists;
- online and events training materials (recording audio, preparing slides and notes);
- contributing articles for news updates, Accountancy Daily and social media to raise external profile;
- UK GAAP and IFRS presentation, measurement and disclosure;
- company law and corporate governance; and
- practice management guides and tools
- We work with a number of expert authors and panel members in practice so the role would also involve discussing technical updates with them and assisting the content manager with reviewing externally produced authoring work.
- Giving clear instructions to editorial/production support teams and reviewing output/proofs within tight publishing deadlines.
- Provide insight and leadership to other team members maintaining accounting/auditing standards and company legislation on Croner-i Tax and Accounting platform to ensure that:
- prospective amendments are turned into effective amendments at the appropriate time;
- links point to the correct/up to date versions of standards; and
- new content is added when needed.
- Assist the client experience and sales teams with product queries and training.
- Assist the Content Manager and team with transforming our content from legacy print formats to online.
- Qualified ACA – associate/assistant manager level
- Experience of working within an accounting practice environment, typically within the audit function
- Professional knowledge of and strong technical grounding in the areas of auditing and IFRS and UK GAAP accounting
- A working knowledge of more specialist areas and sectors such as money laundering, Solicitors Accounts Rules, housing associations, pensions, charities and academies would be useful
- Proven writing skills, including the ability to convey complex themes in an accessible way to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise
- Strong excel, word and IT skills
- Interest in media/publishing
- Confident in helping clients
- Superb teamwork and communication
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's