Assurance - Reconnect Programme
|Job Title:||Assurance - Reconnect Programme|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 14:19|
EY Reconnect – Assurance opportunities, UK Wide
EY Reconnect is our career returner's programme, providing a bridge for professionals re-entering the workplace after an extended career break. The programme offers a route back into work with induction, coaching and mentoring for talented individuals, over an initial 12- week programme. You will reconnect with your career, your previous experience and expertise in roles that are open to flexibility
This is your opportunity to join our Assurance practice as part of the EY Reconnect programme.
It’s an exciting time to be in Assurance at EY: our business is growing and the work we do is increasingly important and key in restoring confidence in the global economy. The market is continuing to demand more and more assurance on their operations, reporting technology and business ethics.
We work to a globally defined methodology, train and develop our people to deliver excellent client service, and use cutting edge tools to support our work. The investment we’re making in Assurance means that as well as joining one of the largest, most stable employers, you’ll be empowered to develop and be an expert in your field.
We need dedicated assurance professionals who will excel in a high-performing environment. In return for your hard work and ideas, we’ll give you the rewards, support, and learning and development opportunities that will accelerate your career and meet your personal goals.
We are looking for individuals to join the following areas:
- UK & Ireland Assurance (Sept ’19 intake) – core audit delivery and opportunities in additional assurance services including Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services, Financial Accounting Advisory, Commodity Trading Risk Management.
- Financial Services Assurance (Sep ’19 intake) – External Audit, Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (FAAS), Extended Assurance.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communicator
- A passion for client service
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations
- High level of drive and commitment to achieving solutions
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Assurance/Audit background either gained in professional practice or within industry – you will also have an understanding of one of the following: financial accounting reporting and issues / front to back processes and controls / regulatory compliance and reporting
- Team management and leadership skills
- Demonstrate successful relationship management of sizeable clients/projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Strong project management skills and a proven commercial acumen
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of relationship management, negotiating with and influencing senior individuals, both internally and externally
What we look for:
We are looking for Assurance professionals which are likely to be ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualified and have the desire to build / develop a career within professional services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry.
To be eligible for EY Reconnect, you will need to have:
- Taken career break of between 2 & 10 years
- A background in professional services or relevant industry sector
- Experience at Manager level or above
- The right to work in the UK
- Availability to join the programme from April or September 2019. Please note, the core programme is for an initial 12 weeks, but we are happy to discuss a range of options through the selection process.
What working at EY offers?
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Well established & thriving networks across the firm
- A Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Company, Times Top 50 Employers for Women, Top 10 Employers for Working Families, and a Stonewall Star Performer.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Consultant - International Aid Assurance
£ V Competitive
Senior Managers - External Audit Hub - Birmingham
Managers External Audit Hub Birmingham
Centre of Excellence Manager, Manchester
Audit Software Support and Coordination Manager
Excellent + Benefits