Assurance Manager- Centre of Excellence
|Job Title:||Assurance Manager- Centre of Excellence|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Up to £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Louise O'Donoghue|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2020 14:18|
A career in Assurance Transformation Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. You'll focus on enhancing our services related to data auditing, business analytics, visualisation and leveraging of analytic technologies to evaluating complex Enterprise Systems for audit and non audit services.
As part of our clients Assurance Centre of Excellence (CoE)you will utilise cutting edge technology to execute delivery of more complex and judgmental Assurance activities virtually. Working closely with Assurance teams from across the country you will improve the quality, efficiency, and innovation in the more complex areas of the audit, and have exposure to a wide range of clients from FTSE 100 to owner managed businesses across a variety of industries. The work is location agnostic with the majority of work being office based, and as such we are looking for individuals to be based in any regional UK office.
In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. As a Manager within the Assurance CoE you will
- Have flexibility in when and how you work, utilising technology and best practice virtual working to coach and interact with teams of clients remotely
- Develop strong relationships with audit clients and internal contacts for an assigned portfolio
- Play a critical role in ensuring the quality of delivery of these more complex areas, in line with technical (both accounting and auditing) requirements and operating procedures
- Be responsible for a team of individuals, providing coaching and ongoing support to ensure high quality delivery
- Provide audit and business advice to a variety of clients
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service
- Utilise your strong business awareness and sound reporting skills to provide valuable insights to clients
- Have the chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skills
- Have access to internal mobility both nationally and internationally
As part of an Assurance CoE you will make a difference by
- Developing deep, respected specialisms in more complex areas, enabling you to perform roles earlier in your career than is typically possible
- Working with (and becoming) brilliant, high performing experts in their field
- Driving innovation and thought leadership
- Qualified accountant status (ACA or ACCA)
- A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills.
- An ability to work under own initiative, and under pressure.
- A desire to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple engagements
- Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable, but a demonstrable experience of learning new and complex technical areas is more important
Competitive salary and benefits
This role offers the potential for flexible working. It is expected, at most, only very minimal travel will be required with the vast majority of interactions (with clients and core engagement teams) being virtual in nature.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit and Assurance Senior/Manager
30000 - 50000
Audit / Assurance Quality - Senior Manager
£65000 - £85000 per annum
Director of Accounts and Tax
80000 - 85000 + Benefits
Head of Operations - Professional Services
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Competitive Salary + Benefits