Assistant VAT Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant VAT Manager|
|Salary:||£300.00 - £350.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Tasha De Keyser|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2020 17:35|
Temp to perm VAT Assistant Manager opportunity - Property Sector
Your new company is a Real Estate and Property Group based in Central London.
The objective of this role is to support the Head of Tax in providing a broad range of VAT services to the group, providing an effective-in house tax advisory and compliance function.
- VAT return preparation/ submission using SAP Business One, including EC sales lists, managing payments/ repayments, working with the finance team to improve month end process to ensure it is adequate for VAT purposes;
- VAT projects e.g expense cards;
- Making tax digital;
- Intrastat controls/ monitoring;
- Managing VAT registrations, deregistrations and options to tax over land and buildings;
- VAT partial exemption percentage annual review;
- Implementation of appropriate controls and systems for CIS reverse charge/ domestic reverse charge;
- VAT group review;
- Service charge VAT accounting;
- Capital Goods Scheme;
- HMRC online management;
- VAT internal audit/ health check to identify any areas of VAT risk;
- Training finance and non-finance personnel on VAT and answering queries from the business.
The following skills and experience are vital for success in this role:
- Fully qualified ATT and/or partly/fully qualified CTA/ACA
- A high degree of computer literacy, with strong Excel spread sheet skills.
However, much more important is attitude. The business is incredibly fast paced, and candidates should be flexible as business needs dictate. Key to this will be an:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that moves at an incredibly fast pace
- Robust personality who deals well with pressure
- Keen to learn and develop - this is not a compliance only role and there is significant potential for development and growth for a proactive candidate
- Attention to detail
- Logical / reasoned approach to problem solving
- Positive attitude and ability to forge relationships quickly
- Experience of UK VAT compliance / advisory matters
- Experience with Sage/SAP desirable
In return you will receive a generous day rate and the opportunity to take this role on permanently. This truly is an excellent opportunity develop your current skill set, knowledge and experience in a vibrant and fast paced environment.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Tasha de Keyser on 0203 465 0138 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Special Projects Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager, M&A Tax
Coventry, West Midlands
£45000 - £46000 per annum
Group Financial Reporting Manager
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Group Finance Manager
£55000 - £65000 per annum