|Job Title:||Assistant Treasurer|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2021 08:25|
Leading british property and investment company - looking to recruit an Assistant Treasurer for a group role.
Your new role
Outstanding role in this leading british property and investment company.
Role will include:
- Develop the Financing Strategy and Policy.
- Monitor the various financing markets (bond, private placement, unsecured banking and secured being current markets accessed) for funding opportunities or financing strategies to reduce interest expense.
- Liaise with groups Relationship Banking Group specialist divisions (e.g. DCM, USPP, Secured debt). Prepare Board reports for recommendation of funding strategy and transactions.
- Support finance transactions including managing the process and documentation on bond issues, private placements and revolving credit facilities.
- Arrange secured financing transactions as required, usually within joint ventures. Support finance teams with loan compliance or waiver requests and liaise with joint venture partners on financing issues.
- Responsible for any future Green or Sustainability-linked Bond Issuance, including issuance transactions and ongoing management as well as liaising with the Sustainability department.
- Manage prepayment processes for early prepayment or redemption of debt.
- Input to treasury reporting on financing strategy and markets and ensure funding transactions correctly represented in treasury report.
Credit Rating Agencies
- Prepare presentation materials for Credit Rating agencies (Moody's and Fitch) and answer questions from rating agencies during credit review process.
- Ensure financial models include correct rating agency metrics and methodologies and assist with assessing impact of Business Plan and other scenario modelling.
- Assist with debt investor relations and develop and maintain a debt investor section of the groups website.
Banking and Internal Relationships
- Develop and maintain strong banking relationships especially within the Group's banking syndicate. Prime contact for relationship banks below top-tier status and support Group Treasurer with top-tier relations.
- Develop appropriate internal relationships to ensure the team is meeting business needs.
Bank Guarantees / Performance Bonds
- Arrangement of bank guarantees and performance bonds as required by the business, usually in relation to development works.
- Assist arrangement of other guarantees as required by the business, e.g. in relation to trade finance or insurance arrangements.
Supporting Treasury Team
- Line Manager for Treasury Operations Analyst - oversight of management of group cash, payments, controls, weekly net debt reports, bank accounts and related banking and treasury systems.Line Manager for Treasury Risk Manager - oversight of Risk Management Strategy, derivatives and ISDA agreements, treasury accounting (including hedge accounting), monthly and quarterly treasury reporting, and covenant compliance.
What you'll need to succeed
Relevant degree plus Financial Qualification (i.e. accountancy, banking, treasury to a qualified level). Ideally accounting (ACA or ACCA) and treasury qualifications to at least AMCT level.
- Previous experience within a treasury role.
- Line Management experience.
- Good attention to detail, working to deadlines and on own initiative.
- Good Microsoft Office Suite skills, specifically Excel.
- Experience of UK Corporate Treasury.
- Experience of the property industry.
- Good organisation and project management skills.
- Ability to write reports in concise business style that is comprehensible to the non-expert reader.
- Knowledge of the process for finance transactions (e.g. unsecured credit facilities, secured financing, bond issues and private placements).
- Team working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Part-Qualified Tax Assistant
Up to £45000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Assistant FC (Real Estate)
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus
Assistant Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Assistant Audit Manager - Technology , Media and Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£200.00 - £250.00 per day