Assistant Tax Manager - M&A
|Job Title:||Assistant Tax Manager - M&A|
|Contact Name:||Zoeb Kapasi|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2019 14:11|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about any new business opportunities arising at existing and new clients.
• Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating with clients
• There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery
• Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
• Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
• Liaise with HMRC
• To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principles/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
• Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
• Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and develop more junior staff both on-site at client premises and whilst in the office
• Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
• Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
• Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
Sales and Marketing:
• Participate in bids/proposals for new work as requested
Communication and representation:
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met
• Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice
• To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
• Work on own initiative
• Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
You would be expected to be able to demonstrate 75-90 % of the accountabilities highlighted.
• Starting to gain staff management experience
• Significant understanding of and previous experience within tax compliance
• Some tax advisory experience preferable but not essential
• Supervisory experience
• Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
• Ability to manage a small client portfolio
• To actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients
• Some experience of dealing with client senior management
• Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable post qualified experience
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits Package
Corporate Tax Advisory Assistant Manager
Belfast, County Antrim
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support
Personal Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
£37000 - £44000 per annum + Benefits
Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
£37000 - £42000 per annum