Tax Technical Assistant
|Job Title:||Tax Technical Assistant|
|Salary:||£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 14:23|
£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That’s why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
We’re immensely proud of our roots and maintain a family business approach in everything we do. Our valued employees create the best results, regardless of the client size or location. Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms.
Due to continuous growth and expansion we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tax Technical Assistant to join our London office in Berkeley Square. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Our business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy-based service to support High Net Worth clients, Entrepreneurs and Trusts through the lifecycle of their business. The Tax Technical Assistant duties will include:
- Attending client meetings with the Senior Partner and assisting with technical input
- Monitoring the Senior Partner’s inbox and assisting where appropriate
- Managing the delivery of the Senior Partner’s projects and subsequent billing process
- Managing the preparation and submission of tax returns for a portfolio of clients, including reviewing tax returns
- Taking ownership for financial management of your WIP including billing targets, cash collection and providing quotes for new work
- Various ad hoc work as and when it arises
As your role develops, we’ll offer you scope to work in other areas, depending upon your progress. We’ll also offer you the opportunity of future progression and development, including full study support towards your qualification.
Ideally you will be CTA qualified having experience in a similar role in a medium size practice. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You all also have/be:
- Strong tax technical and practical expertise within the private client tax arena with demonstrable broad experience of the tax affairs of non-domiciled individuals, entrepreneurs and share schemes for small and medium-sized enterprises
- Aptitude for research and the ability to prepare complex written advice/calculations
- Strong communication skills, be it face-face, email or in writing, and have an emotional intelligence in dealing with sensitive private client matters e.g. divorce cases, business partner disputes
- Some experience in identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines would be advantageous
- Strong IT skills (e.g. Microsoft Office - notably, Excel)
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Manager, Individual Tax Focus
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager / Manager
£43000 - £56000 per annum + Plus Benefits, Bonus
South West London
£45,000 to £55,000
£Competitive package with excellent benefits