Assistant Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Tax Manager|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2020 16:47|
Outstanding opportunity for a qualified Tax Specialist to move in house with a global organisation.
Your new role
The primary responsibility is to be a Tax business partner to the UK & Europe business (and potentially other areas too) providing advice to non-finance staff in a clear, comprehensive manner.
In addition, you will work with the other members of the Global Tax Team (based in Canada, the UAE and the UK) and support head office tax reporting and compliance requirements.
- Advise on the tax implications and incremental costs of commercial bids and the implementation of tax mitigation strategies
- Carry out tax research to determine the tax implications in foreign jurisdictions of projects and transactions, including various Tax Treaty provisions.
- Assist in supporting the provision of tax advice on the Group's corporate structuring issues including on acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures and reorganizations, country start-ups and closures.
- Support in tax audits and tax disputes (coordination with external service providers).
- Review of foreign company tax returns prepared by external service providers.
- Manage tax risks.
- Assist with various other international tax issues such as indirect sales tax on cross-border transactions, cash repatriation, transfer pricing.
- Ensure the appropriate level of documentation is created and maintained to support analyses performed, decisions made and conclusions reached for purposes of reporting and compliance.
- Monitor and analyse the changes to tax legislation that impact the Group and communicate best practices to address any such changes;
- Develop and implement tools for efficient taxes management.
- Effectively build a range of business and other stakeholder relationships with the business units and ensure coordination, as the tax team works closely with members across a global tax department and external stakeholder teams (Accounting, Legal, Insurance, Treasury).
- Provide tax desk support for ad-hoc tax enquiries from the Group's UK and overseas businesses.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills & attributes:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant ACA or similar required, and CTA or International Diploma desirable.
- Up to 5 years post qualified experience within an International Tax environment
- Knowledge of the engineering, construction, energy services or wider services sectors desirable.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of projects to manage and deliver projects. Able to prioritize and juggle workload effectively.
- Demonstrates a keen interest in business and an inquisitive mind. Solution focused with an eye for risk and the financial and behavioral impact of actions. Appreciates the value of succinct communication.
- Demonstrates strong research skills with ability to quickly and accurately interpret commercial, legal and financial data, and to analyse, advise on, and assist with implementing complex trading structures.
- Keen to develop new capabilities, resourceful, able to deliver at a high level under pressure. Professional and team orientated, energetic, focused, productive, and dependable.
- Good technical knowledge of established tax system (both Direct and Indirect taxes) as well as cross-border trading (WHT, PEs, Income Taxes, VAT)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Part-Qualified Tax Assistant
Up to £45000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Part Time UK Tax Manager
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + + benefits
Assistant Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Assistant Audit Manager - Technology , Media and Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Assistant FC (Real Estate)
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus