Assistant Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Tax Manager|
|Location:||High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kavita Sharma|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2020 09:15|
A mixed tax assistant manager role covering VAT, Corporation Tax, Employment Taxes and Stamp Taxes.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Tax, but with regular interaction with the Group's two Tax Managers the purpose of this role is to assist the Group comply with external reporting and filing requirements and to assist departmental projects and initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Assisting with monthly Group VAT return preparation and review, consolidation of VAT data, analytical review of data; follow up queries
- Online filing of VAT returns and monitoring of filing deadlines.
- Collation of data for the purposes of annual Partial exemption and Capital Goods Scheme calculations and preparation of such calculations.
- Preparation of Option to Tax notifications required prior to land sales.
CORPORATION TAX [20%]
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations and Returns for tax manager's review.
- Assisting the Group Tax Manager preparing statutory accounts tax calculations and disclosures.
STAMP TAXES [10%]
- Maintenance and monitoring of Stamp Tax database.
- Assistance with ad hoc Stamp Tax queries.
EMPLOYMENT TAXES [5%]
- PAYE Settlement Agreement - Assisting Tax Manager as required.
GENERAL / MIXED TAXES [25%]
- Preparation of Internal Tax Newsletters
- Assisting with ad hoc queries from BUs across all taxes
- Assisting with Tax risk reviews (tax audit work) across BUs
- Updating tax guides as required on ongoing basis (Manager to review)
- Assistance with other tax projects as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of preparing and filing VAT returns
Experience of preparing Corporation Tax returns
Prior use of Alphatax (Corporation Tax software) - advantageous ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) and or AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) or other professional qualification
Some experience of Real Estate Tax issues
Some experience of Employment Tax issues
What you'll get in return
This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to learn and grow as a tax professional with a global organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£63k - 66k per year
Corporate Tax Manager - in house real estate
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + benefits
Assistant Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Assistant Audit Manager - Technology , Media and Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits