Assistant Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Tax Manager|
|Salary:||£300.00 - £350.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Tasha De Keyser|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2019 17:31|
FTSE 250 Plc operating in 33 countries globally requires an interim Assistant Tax Manager - £350 per day.
Your new company is a professional services business listed in London within the FTSE250 with a market cap of around £2.2 billion. The group is a market leader in the UK, Germany and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe, Asia and Latin America operating across the private and public sectors employing more than 11,000 staff operating in 33 countries globally.
The role will be responsible for supporting the Senior Tax Managers in the group tax team - implementing key tax projects and initiatives, managing the compliance obligations of the group and supporting in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team. This will be a broad role, working on both compliance and forecasting for a major listed group, but also supporting on implementing major projects and initiatives, and where needed on M&A activity and restructuring. The role will help drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with international markets to deliver the full year and mid-year group reporting
- Forecast the group Effective Tax Rate, and support decision making through modelling the impact of business change and risks/opportunities arising
- Support the Senior Tax Managers on key projects and initiatives
- Manage UK compliance work
- Improving processes to streamline and reduce risk
- Build links with and support international markets
- Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
- Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored in to commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
- Help maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities worldwide
You will be ACA and or CTA qualified with strong UK tax and some international tax expertise and experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm.
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax. To be successful you must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Tax Manager
£4000.00 - £6000.00 per month
Interim Tax Manager
£400.00 - £450.00 per day
Consultant / Assistant Manager (Immigration Services Focus)
L&D Manager, Tax
Assistant Financial Accountant - First Move from Practice
£32000 - £40000 per annum + study support, and other benefits