5 days ago
An exciting opportunity to become a Assistant/Junior Client Manager in a growing team. Progression and development are on offer at this ambitious and growing firm.
This accounting practice is a very well-established, reputable accountancy firm with a progressive, professional and expert team of accounting professionals. They offer a wide range of services to a range of businesses and individuals and have a diverse and loyal client base. They have achieved sustained positive growth and therefore are looking to grow and expand their Accounts team.
Joining as an Assistant/Junior Client Manager for a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals
- Oversee and manage all aspects of client's service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments
- Act as a main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines
- Reporting directly to a Partner
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service
- Knowledgeable of firm's services and able to cross sell those services into the client base
- Overseeing and advising trainees
The successful candidate for an Assistant/Junior Client Manager position for a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff will be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 1 years post-qualification experience
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment
- Experience of managing a client portfolio
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills, particularly Excel
- Hold a full and clean driving licence
Competitive/negotiable salary and benefits package.
Great office location.
Well established, supportive team.
Flexible and agile working.
Growth and progression.