Assistant Manager Tax Advisory
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager Tax Advisory|
|Contact Name:||Brendan Mare|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2019 10:03|
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Salary between £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify a very talented individual to be our new Private Client Tax Assistant Manager to be based from the London office. This is an important role within a growing and dynamic firm, the Assistant Manager will primarily be exposed to private clients dealing with client relationships and helping with advisory tasks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Client relationship management, delivering seamless liaison between the client and the compliance team
- Main point of contact for internal clients (e.g. Partners and Directors) as to status of tax returns
- Workflow management, overseeing the compliance process for key private client tax clients
- Respond to senior team member requests and queries
- Responsibility for managing WIP and billing for the compliance work
- Ensuring that the quality level of compliance services provided to clients is of the highest standard as expected, seeking to build and develop client relationships
- Assisting with advisory including undertaking research to come up with possible answers to questions
- Handling client’s compliance queries
- Day to day management of junior team members
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- Be an Assistant Manager or working towards this, with good tax knowledge.
- Must either have qualified in CTA and/or ACA
- Personable and comfortable with communication with clients in person, by telephone and email.
- Exceptionally organised.
- Ability to demonstrate an advisory & commercial mind set.
- Personable & open to networking and relationship building.
- Flexible and willing to go above and beyond.
- Relevant SME client experience in personal (private client) tax is essential
- Current or recent experience working for a mid-tier sized UK accounting firm.
- Experience in trust tax will be advantageous.
- Proven capability of managing junior staff.
In addition to previous experience in a pure private client tax role working with SME clients in a mid-tier sized professional services environment, the ideal candidate will be CTA qualified, have proven people management skills within a mid-tier sized accounting firm and have excellent organisational skills, good attention to detail and the ability to build excellent working relationships. A professional and confidential approach is also vital.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Tax Advisory Assistant Manager then apply online ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Restructuring Tax Assistant Manager
40000 - 46000
Financial Reporting Advisory Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support
Private Client Tax Assistant
Tax Consultancy Assistant
Up to £1 per annum