Assistant Manager Tax Advisory - CTA Qualified
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager Tax Advisory - CTA Qualified|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2019 10:28|
Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify a very talented individual to be our new Private Client Tax Assistant Manager to be based from the London office. This is an important role within a growing and dynamic firm, the Assistant Manager will primarily be exposed to private clients dealing with client relationships and helping with advisory tasks.
In addition to previous experience in a pure private client tax role working with SME clients in a mid-tier sized professional services environment, the ideal candidate will be CTA qualified, have proven people management skills within a mid-tier sized accounting firm and have excellent organisational skills, good attention to detail and the ability to build excellent working relationships. A professional and confidential approach is also vital.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Client relationship management, delivering seamless liaison between the client and the compliance team
- Main point of contact for internal clients (e.g. Partners and Directors) as to status of tax returns
- Workflow management, overseeing the compliance process for key private client tax clients
- Respond to senior team member requests and queries
- Responsibility for managing WIP and billing for the compliance work
- Ensuring that the quality level of compliance services provided to clients is of the highest standard as expected, seeking to build and develop client relationships
- Assisting with advisory including undertaking research to come up with possible answers to questions
- Handling client’s compliance queries
- Day to day management of junior team members
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our values!
- Be an Assistant Manager or working towards this, with good tax knowledge.
- Must either have qualified in CTA and/or ACA
- Personable and comfortable with communication with clients in person, by telephone and email.
- Exceptionally organised.
- Ability to demonstrate an advisory & commercial mind set.
- Personable & open to networking and relationship building.
- Flexible and willing to go above and beyond.
- Relevant SME client experience in personal (private client) tax is essential
- Current or recent experience working for a mid-tier sized UK accounting firm.
- Experience in trust tax will be advantageous.
- Proven capability of managing junior staff.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Tax Advisory Assistant Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tax Advisory Senior Manager
£50000.00 - £69999.00 per annum + (Excellent package)
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager / Manager
£43000 - £56000 per annum + Plus Benefits, Bonus
South West London
£45,000 to £55,000