Assistant Manager/Manager - Risk Advisory
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager/Manager - Risk Advisory|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Williams|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2019 10:54|
An opportunity to become an integral part of a highly successful team with a specific remit to support their clients in the UK and internationally. The focus will be to provide risk, controls and assurance services to clients in order to achieve their ambitious growth plans for the next three years.
Leading Midlands brand.
The roles require individuals that are technically skilled, collaborative team players, who are able to understand and assimilate issues across different types of industries. They are looking for candidates with a strong background in understanding risk management, assurance (e.g. internal audit / SOX), compliance and controls advisory, who can demonstrate a track record of excellent client delivery, building and developing excellent client relationships and helping to design innovative solutions to client challenges.
Managing risk, compliance and establishing effective controls are at the heart of good governance and sustainable superior business performance. Their team offers unrivalled depth of experience in providing technology solutions based on their client needs. They design and implement technology solutions to solve client challenges - technology enabling their governance, risk, control, compliance and assurance methodologies and processes. Helping their clients to embed their defined operating model and optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of their processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaison with clients both face to face and remotely.
- Project set up, management and delivery or risk, assurance and controls engagements across a variety of clients and industries.
- Working to tight deadlines, often requiring prioritisation of numerous concurrent project deadlines and requirements as well as communications with clients and within the organisation.
- Management of more junior members of the team in order to deliver the objectives of projects and to develop the skills of junior members.
- Support their business development and thought leadership where appropriate.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA or IIA qualification is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience in internal audit, SOX, change management and / or control advisory.
- Track record of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively with what can often be ambiguous requirements.
- Experience of people leadership including in diverse environments.
- Experience of developing junior staff and mentoring team members.
- Proven planning and project management skills.
- The ability to travel to client sites as required by this position.
- Evidence of good networking and influencing skills would be an advantage.
- Evidence of business development experience including defining and presenting on projects completed, ideas, strategies would be an advantage.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Excellent package and progression on offer.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Lucy Williams on 0121 634 6920/07786 397507.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Tax Advisory Director
Restructuring Advisory AM/Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £56000.00 per annum
Pension Covenant Advisory Manager
Accounting and Business Advisory Supervisor
Birmingham, West Midlands